Why Shrines, and probably Corrupted Areas, need to be removed from Racing.

To sum it up: You feel cheap if you find a shrine in a short race, and you feel cheated when you don't find one.

They change the balance of racing in far too great a way, and corrupted zones make knowing the right way to run impossible to know, since corrupted zones occupy the place or direction in a map where the exit or boss would be placed.

On some level racing is already operating under its own individual rule set, removing these should be a part of that.

If they cannot be removed because they are not "a game mode" as such, I'd really like a Dev to clear that up because it hurts racing a lot in the long run in my opinion.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Aye. I took second in class with a pretty poor run just because I got lucky with shrines. It felt cheap. If I get a win, I want to earn it. They would be ok (both of them) if they were fixed for everyone.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
+1

They make racing a lot less competitive and take it a step further with RNG based outcome in my opinion. The layouts are really unfortunate when you have to backtrack 2-3+ extra minutes per corrupted layout.
I think just about everyone feels this way. I'm sure GGG will take a look at this in a few months Kappa.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
"
Hybriis wrote:
I think just about everyone feels this way. I'm sure GGG will take a look at this in a few months Kappa.
Kappa indeed
Kappa//
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
I used to be against this, but shrines and corrupted zones have completely ruined burst races. So i guess i'm in.

I'm ok with shrines in fixed seed, and maybe corrupted zones (in fixed seed).
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Apr 3, 2014, 3:29:43 AM
i guess they go fine in fixed seed races but other than that, nope. too much rng. the fact that corrupt zone can replace entrance to next zone is just ridiculous. i said this before i think but the corrupted zones should always be next to the entrance so if you wanna waste your time entering one just go ahead.
Last edited by janimauk on Apr 3, 2014, 7:38:50 AM
I haven't seen a single competitive racer support shrines/corrupted zones in races. What was their idea behind it? How could they think adding even more RNG to a race could be a good idea...

also @mors:

I know you post on reddit sometimes, but you should post stuff like this on there more often. It has a much larger viewership than the this subforum.
IGN: thejarmo
Last edited by Dargos on Apr 4, 2014, 11:43:29 AM
"
Dargos wrote:
also @mors:

I know you post on reddit sometimes, but you should post stuff like this on there more often. It has a much larger viewership than the this subforum.
"
Dargos wrote:
I haven't seen a single competitive racer support shrines/corrupted zones in races. What was their idea behind it? How could they think adding even more RNG to a race could be a good idea...

I don't think they considered the impact. It's part of the regular game, so it was in races as a matter of course. They would have had to actively remove it - path of least resistance.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info