Taking advantage of Daresso's Defiance (lvl 83 S&B)?

Before u think to make use of the chest, you should invest some time and learn more about the game mechanics. Ur gem choice and build are so wrong from so many angles. Just one example, melee dmg on full life as armor build is just so wrong. Who cares, how much dps ur tool tip says, if u never ever have even close to this in combat?

I would recommend to make new char, duelist or marauder and make a build for the chest, will be way easier and cheaper.
"
1337fun wrote:
Before u think to make use of the chest, you should invest some time and learn more about the game mechanics. Ur gem choice and build are so wrong from so many angles. Just one example, melee dmg on full life as armor build is just so wrong. Who cares, how much dps ur tool tip says, if u never ever have even close to this in combat?

I would recommend to make new char, duelist or marauder and make a build for the chest, will be way easier and cheaper.

Hes using aegis tank, so will quite often have full hp, but yes normal melee physical is better.
"
1337fun wrote:

I'm almost always full life with Aegis, 65% block (including anvil which gives life on block), spell block with conjurer boots, life leach, and 14,000 armour and vitality aura for regen ( also exclusively use the damage mitigation curse). I actually had normal melee damage for awhile, but when I got to the point where losing life was rarely an issue, I switched. I'd probably say 98% of the time I'm clearing a vanilla 75 maps, I'm at full life. The only thing that moves the needle for health is bosses, but if they are physical damages bosses, with flask, not a ton of difference.

Not to get defensive, but happy with build as I exclusively solo, and again, maps are fairly a breeze. But the goal is 100 and optimizing, so looking for subtle tweaks. Not sure a full respec is needed, but definitely appreciate the tweak advice I'm receiving.
Check out my live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/huskylawyer.

IGN: Farrakhann (Standard) - Lvl 89 Marauder
Last edited by bloodandsin on Apr 2, 2014, 8:35:03 PM
"
Rheakith wrote:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAwAEswUtDPcNMBK8FE0VIBvIIQIkJSSLJy8ppSpNLOkxnjWSOuE8LT0PPydAoEMxSk9KyE3YTipeE18_YEtgb2UvZ5tqk3Ttdn93Ynfjeu97jHy7ffV-mn7ggW-E74jxjHaMz5AKm4OePJ5XnrmgtKIApKymV6yvrj6zMbT5tkG3PryfwA_DhsQVxPbGrtXt3Q3jn-RR5PHlxeeR6dXvDvAf8i_yRfMG9kj7qv4Kbqq18oqvkBGC5CFgwQfXfjQ1_MVnoId2Sn3K0xm0

I just made a couple of very minor changes to your build that give you more atk speed/life. Keeps your other stats the same.

As for your onslaught, I would get a different skill like a low lvl enduring cry CoDT to try keep onslaught up more often.

You can also drop your int requirements because... you don't need any of those blue gems at max level. They're all pretty much useless to you. Also drop the chaos damage gem and get something more use full.

I went with your suggested tree changes. MUCH appreciated. Gonna test it out, but on non-buffed stats looks great. You helped me be more efficient with my nodes.

Also replaced choas damage with melee splash, though single target DPS went from 11,300 unbuffed to 9600. Hope the spread damage makes it worth it. Took 13 chroms to get 3 green and 3 red.

Spoiler

Last edited by bloodandsin on Apr 2, 2014, 8:58:27 PM
You can always swap meelee phys in/out with meelee splash for boss fights or whatevs.
"
Spysong192 wrote:
I sincerly don´t believe that IR + daresso makes any sense.

A completely fair point. Before I got the Daresso, I was pure AC running with a average armour only BP that only offered 1000 AC. I was too far away from evasion type build, so I said, "Hmm..let's turn the Daresso into a 2K Armour BP and see if I can use the endurance charge stuff). Hence the thread. :)

Just got back from running 2 maps using Rheakith's tweak to my build, and melee splash. Loved it! Did a blue lvl 72 with rare monster increase and could basically do that in my sleep. Did a 76 blue with rare monsters, and increased monster speed and damage and had an easy time with that (includes bosses in both).

The only hiccup was for high HP mobs (e.g., blue and yellow rock dudes), my mana went out and I can see that bring a problem if I'm going toe to toe single with a high HP boss. Was surprised this still an issue with mana leach gem, but will research and tweak further.

Still need to figure out how to use those endurance charges he he.

Wish I can stream, but alas, twitch doesn't work for me (posted on support forum already with no answer).

Last edited by bloodandsin on Apr 2, 2014, 9:43:07 PM
Probably due to low mana pool, fix it when you change your rings or get a 20/20 mana leech.
Took me a while to figure out, but just 2% mana leech on gear, will do wonders for your damage, since you can replace blood magic/mana leech with melee phys damage, added fire, faster attacks or similar. Throw in some life leech on gear aswell, and you can further boost damage. If you can double damage that way, you will get similar leech efficiency with only half leech % - so get 2% mana leech and 4% life leech on gear and switch life leech and bloodmagic/manaleech with damage enhancing support skills. Makes a huge difference.
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
You need a quality leech gem normal non Q leech is slow,

what was said above is very true aswell once you hit higher dmg 2% leech is usually sufficient to hold mana, although 3 or 4 is nicer

also if you have the regen for it, i would use blood rage for the leech and dmg bonus

switch out melee on full life to normal melee
IGN: EviiLe
Last edited by ImRight on Apr 3, 2014, 5:12:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info