how do i get the right items for my build?

I play poe a lot still relatively new here and am learning. what seems to be bothering me is that trade currencies they are just so rare i have never had a single exalt orb and all the good items cost least 10ex. is there a way i can farm exalt orbs or any other currency for that matter?. every character i build falls apart due to lack of proper gear or sub standard ones this translates to "i cant farm fast" any help would be appreciated thanks.
find items worth currency, sell them and buy what you want.

Try play a character that doesn't require expensive items. Searing bond templar is pretty lax on the gear requirements. for instance.

Learn to use the chaos recipe

Learn the value of all the crafting mats you are looting like, alch orbs and cart chisels.

My first characters play through to 70 got me like 80 chisels and 50 alch orbs (was lucky). that equates to a good amount of chaos orbs or exalted if you prefer.

There are also plenty of builds that require around 1 ex of gear and are super efficient. I think there was an incinerator build that was really strong for 1 ex worth of stuff.
Last edited by sneax1234 on Apr 2, 2014, 3:38:00 PM
Don't try making a build that you know will be expensive. There are plenty of builds that get by on 2-3 exalts worth of gear in low-mid maps. Use that build to gear up for something more expensive.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
oh okay i have had a couple of unique items but they are all only worth 1 chaos or so, no one really wants to buy those so im back to square one :/
dont craft and sell your alts and fusings
I could have sworn I answered this.....

did you post this in different forums?
It's funny how all of the suggestions in this thread boil down to "save up your currency and buy what you need", or "don't craft; it's a waste of currency".

When the most efficient way to acquire gear upgrades is via trading, there's something terribly wrong with the loot system. 99% of the gear you find will not suit your own character, and "crafting" in this game is so wildly unspecific, it's like throwing coins into a slot machine.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
I play poe a lot still relatively new here and am learning. what seems to be bothering me is that trade currencies they are just so rare i have never had a single exalt orb and all the good items cost least 10ex. is there a way i can farm exalt orbs or any other currency for that matter?. every character i build falls apart due to lack of proper gear or sub standard ones this translates to "i cant farm fast" any help would be appreciated thanks.

Fastest way: Stop playing the game and start flipping full time.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
"
EomMage wrote:
I could have sworn I answered this.....

did you post this in different forums?

no this is actually my first thread im new here
"
rrtson wrote:
It's funny how all of the suggestions in this thread boil down to "save up your currency and buy what you need", or "don't craft; it's a waste of currency".

When the most efficient way to acquire gear upgrades is via trading, there's something terribly wrong with the loot system. 99% of the gear you find will not suit your own character, and "crafting" in this game is so wildly unspecific, it's like throwing coins into a slot machine.

yup kinda notice that how when i play as a witch i always get the gears for ranger and when i play with shadow i get the gear for witch :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info