I cannot understand why anyone would feel like the new Atziri gloves break game 'balance'

I mean sure they are undoubtedly OP as fuck but however what kind of loot do you hope/expect to get from the toughest boss in the game,that as far as we know only one person has been able to beat?

Even if they were much more common,perhaps at the rarity of shavs or soul takers,i still dont understand what people really mean when they say it breaks the game. FFS isnt the game still functioning fine?people are still playing its not like some calamity struck and now because someone else has a unique you dont,suddenly your ability to play is being crippled.

IMO something breaks game balance if it makes the game too easy for everyone.like how chain used to chain thrice instead of twice of how CoDT used to have no limits.

The fact that even in an almost month old league in ambush where there are like a dozen mirrors listed on sale at any point but there are only one pair of these gloves so far out of all the other possible uniques should tell you how rare this is and how little people it will affect,hence not unbalancing the game.

TL;DR people who truly think that the new Atziri uniques are gamebreaking are probably just jealous.

ps. If insane loot didnt drop from the hardest boss then what would be the incentive to do it?or would you prefer a silverbranch or crown of thorns to drop
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
Last edited by donong on Apr 2, 2014, 1:21:27 PM
did we really need this thread? we dont care about the gloves , we care about the fact that they nerfed a main survivability mechanic , but then go ahead and add an item that flat out does nearly the same damn thing as the pre nerfed mechanic

like a slap to face as it were.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 2, 2014, 2:08:41 PM
New gloves are gamebreaking. Just as Shav's, Soultaker, Kaoms. Especially legacy variants. I'd even say, that all these legacy uniques were much more gamebreaking at that time. Kaom's at the time of CBT wasn't BiS for every single build in game only because of how OP CI was.
Those gloves give you a possibility to use life flasks/regen from vitality AND 100% instant life+mana leech. And you're still saying it isn't OP???
They are insanely OP and you could call them gamebreaking.

Fact that they are rare, doesnt make them balanced. Their rarity is only a current situation, it's only for now. Fast forward few months and they wont be so rare. But they still will be insanely OP.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 3, 2014, 4:06:33 AM
Poe were never balanced. More and more annoying difficult with every patch. Really i not enjoy to play already. Same unbalance, same no point to leveling after 80. And many other thing qhich maje this gane not enjoyable.
I mostly find it fascinating that they go through the trouble of balancing Leech, reducing overall potency, and at the exact same time introduce an item that makes Leech even stronger than before (the same plus instant Mana, which is otherwise only available from Thief's Torment).

So, what Salty said basically.

By the time they're anywhere near numerous, a new league starts. Eh, I'm fine. Standard is already completely screwed so w/e; that is never going to even appear balanced anymore.
People think the pre-nerf VP aspect of the Gloves are what's overpowered, but that's not it.

The main thing that is significantly op, is the "Mana Pact" aspect. Currently there is NOTHING to mitigate the mana cost of a high aspd [and crit] build without significant losses (BM, Thief's Torment, Mana Regen/Clarity investment), and these Gloves COMPLETELY bypasses that, getting rid of the major downside of the highest DPS potential Builds..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
donong wrote:

TL;DR people who truly think that the new Atziri uniques are gamebreaking are probably just jealous.

Yeah breh were all jelly. No one could possibly care about game balance or its future.

gah ppl who say that are dumb
Man, I spent a while theorycrafting the revival of a cold crit build with these gloves and, after spending some time planning around getting enough mana regen/base mana for leech to provide enough mana for the mana costs (280-320 mana per second), I realized that, fuck, they're INSTANT, none of that matters! You get these gloves, you don't need Clarity anymore. You don't need any bonus mana or mana regen past one to two casts unreserved. And all this does is save a few more passives to be spent on damage, like we used to do for the build... The only problem about all of this is that the build requires Shavronne's Wrappings, Doryani's Invitation (cold flavor), and these damn gloves to become a stupidly powerful, instagibbing witch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info