GGG beta key sale?

Are there any GGG staff on here that could tell me why they're not offering beta keys for a few bucks? I think there would be a lot of benefit to offering keys to people willing enough to pay, as well as keeping the timer for those who aren't.
The public sale of beta keys by GGG could benefit everyone in a few big ways:

1: Raise funds for further development.
2: Will put an end to people creating multiple accounts to sell beta keys which will have the following benefits:
2: a) A lot of these keys go unsold, meaning less people are in the game. The beta development period is essential for testing strain on the server. The more users, the more accurate the developers can understand server needs.
2: b) Beta key funding goes towards developers, instead of greedy jerks who, as shown in 2a, aren't helping the developers with their monetizing.
3: More users from which to gain feedback.
4: Users who are willing to pay for beta access will not be at risk of scammers.

Is it something you would take into consideration?
"
midnightmare wrote:

3: More users from which to gain feedback.

As unfortunate as it is, they don't need more players currently, or they would increase the amount of keys given away.

That said, I'd gladly pay a small amount of money to support the devs and test the game.
To me it doesn't make sense for them to sell beta keys for a game which is free to play when released.
"
Cracken11 wrote:
To me it doesn't make sense for them to sell beta keys for a game which is free to play when released.
And they've stated, more than once, that they won't do it for that very reason.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info