Where to from here? Templar Help

Hey guys I have just made it into the middle difficulty and am getting smashed at that ship wreckage map and the very beginning.

I built my passive tree around 2H staff, bit of strength and int.
I wanted to be a tanky spell caster but didnt realise I couldn't respec only remove a few points.

This is my first character and not sure if I need to reroll or what..

My Skill Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWw9UFE0W-Ro4KU8yiTrYPAVDY0RyTdhUkVfiWPVmnmagcU135YKbgziExIg4inSLjIx2kFWaz52KncSf36IAp4SpaK-NtzHAGuFz7DjtIO98

Gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWw9UFE0W-Ro4KU8yiTrYPAVDY0RyTdhUkVfiWPVmnmagcU135YKbgziExIg4inSLjIx2kFWaz52KncSf36IAp4SpaK-NtzHAGuFz7DjtIO98

Not sure if im even posting my gear and skill tree properly.

Any Tips?

Cheers
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Get life%, especially over energy shield. Energy shield is mediocre until you have thousands of points worth of it on gear.

Get life%, and you will win.
Cheers mate, I feel like I am getting hit so damn hard though, thought I might need more armor? Do many Templars run with a staff or should I be moving points from staff into sheild and focus more on spell casting?

At the moment I pretty much spam Enfeeble and then Infernal Blow but to many mobs kill me way to fast.

I also feel like I miss the target a lot? is that an accuracy thing with my character?
Like Rooster said, get more life. I'm fine with taking the Armour & ES nodes - the ES might not come into play until later but the armour is still nice.

Accuracy is definitely a big issue for non-Dexterity characters. Many players will grab Resolute Technique to bypass this, if you go for it make sure to drop the crit nodes you have. Otherwise you'll have to grab the accuracy nodes that are nearby - at least Precision and Skill of the Ancestors, then feel it out from there.

As for attacking vs spellcasting, either is fine but pick one. Right now it sounds like you're leaning towards the attacks with Infernal Blow. If aoe is a problem, try getting a Melee Splash support gem if you don't already have one. Either way, try not to get surrounded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info