Need Help and advise

I'm pretty new to online games. I've been playing this character for about 2 months and would like some input and making it better. Comments on the direction of the passive skills and equipment would be great.

Passive Skills

Equipment
Spoiler

I'm looking for rare items so there are a few items that are in there for that purpose at the moment.

Any help would be great as my split arrow and burning arrow only do like 300 or 400 damage.
IGN: SirNemrac
Well it looks like you have a bit of a mess in your gear and in your skill tree.

Skill tree problems You have a lot of health and evasion nodes and you chose Iron Reflexes. Unfortunately you have skipped a lot of bow and projectile damage nodes so that is contributing to your lack of damage.

Gear - Your gear is lacking to say the least and you haven't 4 linked any of it except the chest armor. Linking your skill gems is important to develop powerful attacks and defenses.

I suggest you read my Ranger Guide - LA Ranger Guide from Beginning to End Game http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806626. My guide starts at the beginning and works its way through the developement of an end-game Ranger. If you don't want to use Lightning Arrow that's perfectly fine as the build will work with any of the Ranger skill sets.

After reading the guide, you can compare my suggested skill tree to what you have and decide if you want to adjust your tree with your Respec points, or if you have used them up, I suggest you just start a new Ranger.

Even if you do Respec your skills, you will still need significant gear upgrades to continue playing your Ranger.

Thanks for the reply an info. I read your guide and will take your comments going forward. The only thing I want to do different is use IR. I take it the skill tree will differ quite a bit if i go this route. Any suggestions as to what to delete from my tree if i were to add the projectile damage nodes going forward?
Last edited by Nemrac99 on Apr 2, 2014, 8:37:49 PM
Last edited by Nemrac99 on Apr 29, 2014, 1:41:13 PM
http://poeurl.com/yMAIPwG : build

The nodes by the scion are really expensive to go for as a ranger.

Not getting them lets you get more health, more damage and run a few aura's. The cheap and cost effective way to get a lot of damage as a bow user.

getting a alpha howl at some point would boost everything nicely. running anger, wrath and grace with a elemental bow, elemental bows are usually pretty cheap.

your bow would run split arrow, chain, weapon elemental, quality added lightning, life on hit

this set up would give you a lot of damage. you would want to run %elemental and flat elemental damage on your rings/ammy/belt, this build would shock and do nice amounts of ele damage... I would be careful on reflect.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
Last edited by Paleshape on Apr 25, 2014, 3:43:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info