Eldritch Battery and Acrobatics

I have a question about this and was not able to find it.

Which one applies first by that what I mean is which scenario is correct

If Eldritch Battery applies first then that means the 50% reduction from Acrobatics does nothing

but if Acrobatics applies first that means I only gain 50% of my energy shield as mana

Which one is correct
They apply together. Anything that modifies ES will end up modifying mana.

So yes it will reduce your ES by 50% which means much elss mana.
"
So yes it will reduce your ES by 50% which means much less mana.

That makes sense, but what about the "X% Increase Maximum Mana" passives? I've been thinking that the additional mana from EB is added to the base mana point count before the percentage-boosting passives are applied: ((ES/50) + Mana Points) * (total X% from Increase Maximum Mana passives).

Is that correct?

When I try it out on my Shadow, I get about 1:1.5 conversion, that is, approx. 150 energy shield points becomes approx. 200 points added to my mana pool.

Thanks!
You have two sources of Base Mana. One is your plain old Mana pool, the other is ES Converted to Mana. They do not take the same modifiers, so they're calculated separately.
Conversion always happens before any modifiers are applied. Converted values benefit from the source-type's modifiers as well.

Your natural Mana is simply
Base * Increased+Reduced Mana = Total
Mana from EB is 'Converted from ES', so it also takes ES-specific modifiers:
Base * (Increased+Reduced Mana + Increased+Reduced ES) * More ES * Less ES = Total
These two totals are then added together and form your final Mana value.
Yikes, more complex than taxes.

Thanks!
As a side note, ES actually becomes more valuable than raw mana once you take EB because it gets scaled twice. First with ES-boosting passives (and the int bonus), and second from mana-boosting passives. So acrobatics will take a huge dent out of your overall mana, and wouldn't be worth it in the vast majority of cases.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by JahIthBer89 on Apr 20, 2014, 3:38:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info