[1.1.1c] [Womancraft's] Dual Totem Searing Bond/Ice Nova, EE Build. Cheap and highly effective.

"
MDGeizt wrote:
yea i read it all.

sorry didnt want to "sound" aggressive but just felt like there should be a note in here, as its almost impossible (expensive) to spec from this searing bond build to other variants, and u have no late game experience for this build.

GL anyways will follow here to see how it works out for you lvl 75+

"
Womancraft wrote:
The goal:
Spoiler
First I want to make it clear that this is fully optimized to be as cheap as possible, not trying to get massive damage nodes and then depend on many, many exalts worth of gear to compensate. We want to full clear Merciless and start doing maps with 100%+ IIR, for extremely cheap and yet staying fully effective. And to depend solely on Searing Bond (with one other spell totem for EE). No Vaal Gem, but it is entirely optional and personal preference.

You didn't read carefully enough, because you are nitpicking at points I already made.

My goal is not level 90, it is not to be fully geared. I build characters to be able to solo, or group play Dom on Merc and do maps with 100%+ IIR. And currently I run 209% during my Vaal Runs and maps, so I've exceeded my goal.
alright u want it the hard way

ure build has "HIGHLY EFFECTIVE" in its title, which will pull many newbies looking for guides.
upon looking @ur profile anyone can see that this char is ur highest at lvl 67 which u should simply make more clear (in title) because this is a theorycraft thread not a confirmed build.

u get asked twice about traps and why u dont use em but prefer to waste one of ur searing bond totems/beams (u dont need ANY nodes for trap setup - its trap - multiple traps - ice nova(or whatever) + increased AOE for example) and in ur answer anyone can read that u havent thought about the trap thing yet (which isnt bad but u deny to even think about it)

searing bond is always very effective at low lvls, and u can basically get to lvl 65-70 with only searing bond without any links just investing in random life nodes. problems begin when enemies are more mobile / threatening and u simply dont build any defense on this build aside from marauder life/armor nodes, but GL ull see urself maybe. ur low gear argument is also invalid (i dont even have searing touch @ lvl 81 now, many play this build with rare sceptre/shield) because if the gear is bad the build has to be even better

im not talking about lvl 90 but lvl 80 and maybe u want to farm dominus or sth ;)

im also casual and dont know so much about the game, but i dont write guides based upon half knowledge and pretend em to be "highly effective"
"
MDGeizt wrote:
alright u want it the hard way

ure build has "HIGHLY EFFECTIVE" in its title, which will pull many newbies looking for guides.
upon looking @ur profile anyone can see that this char is ur highest at lvl 67 which u should simply make more clear (in title) because this is a theorycraft thread not a confirmed build.

u get asked twice about traps and why u dont use em but prefer to waste one of ur searing bond totems/beams (u dont need ANY nodes for trap setup - its trap - multiple traps - ice nova(or whatever) + increased AOE for example) and in ur answer anyone can read that u havent thought about the trap thing yet (which isnt bad but u deny to even think about it)

searing bond is always very effective at low lvls, and u can basically get to lvl 65-70 with only searing bond without any links just investing in random life nodes. problems begin when enemies are more mobile / threatening and u simply dont build any defense on this build aside from marauder life/armor nodes, but GL ull see urself maybe. ur low gear argument is also invalid (i dont even have searing touch @ lvl 81 now, many play this build with rare sceptre/shield) because if the gear is bad the build has to be even better

im not talking about lvl 90 but lvl 80 and maybe u want to farm dominus or sth ;)

im also casual and dont know so much about the game, but i dont write guides based upon half knowledge and pretend em to be "highly effective"

It's fully confirmed as I did what I set the goal to be and earlier than expected. Most "newbies" who are casual, or just learning the ropes will benefit from a simple guide that doesn't depend on gear. And most new players don't actually make the perfect character the first time, let alone first 3-4 times or more. Stop being so arrogant.

It's not wasteful if I chose not to use traps and set a goal, you seem to be on a treadmill. It's highly effective at achieving the goal set for it. If others have as much trouble reading through a thread carefully like yourself, then dag yo. Dag. Yo. Since anyone is allowed to post here, you should probably get off your high horse and stop trying to give criticism to points I've already made and explained.

The point about the gear was also made, the gear I linked was all found by me, aside from the chest which was a guild stash item. The staff was a lucky drop and anyone can choose for themselves what they will have to compromise with.

If I wanted this to be a HIGHLY EFFECTIVE character to your standards, as I've explained already I'd use a build based on gear that I could buy. An experienced player could tweak this, or obviously use a more effective build to the standards of their gear. And a newb isn't going to have max res gear with a bunch of 5L gear and uniques right off the bat.

By the way thanks for the excessive use of sarcasm, you definitely helped prove you are just petty.
just trying to share my experience because i suspect this build will not be able to do anything past piety safely (besides low maps, but not dominus solo).

lack of defensive setup really is the main point, just look @ other builds how much life/other defensive nodes they take to survive later in the game. u say ure not going for full damage yet ur searing bond build has the most totem damage/fire damage nodes on any build ive seen and also uses a very offensive 2handed stave (which is not a required unique but an option)

we dont have any leech/low life regen and really cant afford relying on the totems to soak up all damage imo

resist is hard to get with searing touch/bad gear so sure u can take those nodes. but theyre not very point effective and there's a ton of other defensive standards which u chose none of but u could reach with little adjustments (at least iron reflexes/grace combo should be considered as its also gear-effective)

i dont have a problem being "petty", yea im some random freak and got stuck on thinking about this build a little yesterday ;) maybe u cant understand some of my points because u didnt experience this part of the game yet or maybe i underestimate ur setup. gl anyway

"
MDGeizt wrote:
i dont have a problem being "petty", yea im some random freak and got stuck on thinking about this build a little yesterday ;) maybe u cant understand some of my points because u didnt experience this part of the game yet or maybe i underestimate ur setup. gl anyway

Your arrogance is pathetic, please go away as you've made your repetitive non-points.
"
Key things to know about Searing Bond:
Spoiler
It is a DEGENERATION effect, it does NOT support on hit support Gems. It does NOT gain from SPELL DAMAGE, but does from ELEMENTAL. Searing Bond reacts to enemy Resistances, but does NOT benefit from Fire Penetration. AOE does NOT effect Searing Bond. It DOES gain from Fire Damage Nodes.

It also benefits from DoT passives and other sources such as vulnerability.
how many totems can u summon with this build? cuz i thought the max is 1 totem?

Also how important is brightbeak? It seems like everyone uses that as the weapon swap
Last edited by IMKR on Apr 16, 2014, 3:36:31 PM
I just started playing this char(I'm newbie anyway)and I wonder is it good for Invasion? I play very carefully, overleveling places, 'cause invasion is more interesting and I wonder if I should go with this build or look for any "safer" options for templar?
Hiya!

Thanks for the guide, I got some great ideas off it. So now I have my first char that I can actually use for farming, dig it. It's doing really well at lvl 69, almost never in any real danger.

See ya,
Treffnixe

PS
Though I must admit, I prefer the trap version for ice nova, it just feels faster. Most mobs drop after a single cast anyway, so the one-shot-onlyness doesn't bother me much :)
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info