Season Seven, Event 38: 1 Hour Exiles Everywhere

"
zoocubes wrote:
BUT the groundslam dude was more like he was turbo.. lol he is one crazy dude

I killed Xandro in this race and i believe it's the first time i ever have - i've hardly ever even attempted him before. I fail to out-dps his life regen at higher difficulties. Killing him was very satisfying! Apparently he has two attack speed "modes". Sane, and batshit crazy. He started out Groundslamming slowly. Paused, chilled, then started Groundslamming at 3-4x the speed he was before. Then chilled again, then normal speed GS. Interesting.

I also killed Igna, i think for the 2nd time ever. She's far more dangerous than Xandro for melee. She almost killed me several times even though i'd massacred Xandro.

"
Svenbo wrote:
So is this race party, like the last one?

Races are Party by default, if they don't specify. If it says Solo under "Rules", that's the only time it's not Party.

"
Innoxx wrote:
I died with 10 seconds to go because I refuse to cheat by logging out, so I get no points, no rewards.

Logging out to save yourself is only cheating from your perspective, it's technically not cheating. It is playing the game properly, as it was intended and designed. Straight from Chris Wilson. They specifically chose not to add a timer, and to allow insta-logging. The reason was to make the encounters more interesting and difficult. This tests your fight or flight response. If they had a timer, they would also nerf a lot of encounters to compensate.

"
Innoxx wrote:
Unfortunately as with every race the only thing that matters is experience, so I assume most of the high ranks just run past all the exiles and levelled up like in any other race. I level up as fast as I can when I make a new character in any league, so what's the point in racing?

It looks like there were 2 groups that partied up, which makes up the lion's share of the people way above everyone else. Around Level 17 and under is mostly solo players.

I can't say what others did, but i did ok (33rd out of 4238 characters), and i killed most exiles, right from the start. I find trying to avoid them in this is annoying and potentially a waste of time, because they are just everywhere. I'm not sure whether it's optimal, but it's what i did.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
i Signed up just for fun, it was refreshing to get something new going on, but now i feel like fighting 5 exiles at same time, 2easy
"
unsane wrote:

"
Innoxx wrote:
I died with 10 seconds to go because I refuse to cheat by logging out, so I get no points, no rewards.

Logging out to save yourself is only cheating from your perspective, it's technically not cheating. It is playing the game properly, as it was intended and designed. Straight from Chris Wilson. They specifically chose not to add a timer, and to allow insta-logging. The reason was to make the encounters more interesting and difficult. This tests your fight or flight response. If they had a timer, they would also nerf a lot of encounters to compensate.

Yes from my perspective, I wasn't accusing anyone of a ban-able offence of cheating. I just think it's a very lame way to play, especially having a macro to do it as well.

Logging out of the game, definitely isn't playing the game properly. Insta-logging might be as designed and intended, for issues with internet, lag and de-sync, but not abused every 5 mins, because the player made a poor choice of fighting something that was too strong, or running passed all the monsters and getting stuck in a dead end.

Yes it's fight or flight(run away/tp out), it's not fight, flight or vanish, and no I don't think things should be nerfed.
Last edited by Innoxx on Apr 14, 2014, 4:11:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info