Season Seven, Event 9: 1 Hour Endless Ledge

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Endless Ledge events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point


Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 25: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 21-24: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 18-20: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 15-17: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 12-14: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 9-11: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-8: 1 Reward Point


Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
  • Alternate Art Wurm's Molt Unique Item (60 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Blackgleam Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Thousand Ribbons Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Why is this first on the ticker
Because it's race event 9 and the others are higher numbered. Yay postponed races. ;)
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
why's it called endless ledge? i cant find its specific rules...
powerful crits undying achvists + blue dischargers.

why don't you just give every player the same areas/mobs(different ones for each race)? that would make the race less of an rng competition.
Last edited by FemtoZeta on April 5, 2014 6:45 AM
that's soo gay just 8 min before race finish i had a unexpected log out when i log back in quickly the last 3 mins exp and items i found had all gone and so sad :( did anyone had that problem? that it logged you out unexpected error as occurred log you and you lost half of the exp u where on before it log you out
Disconnected upon entering level 24 zone, then rolled back by I don't know how much xp and forced to redo a completely new level 22 zone.



I don't know what you've done to this race mode - and I'm convinced you've done something - but the compositions are so not rng, but carefully handpicked "fuck you" selections. Unless I've been cursed in every single EL so far, gone are the days of fun, hectic, fast paced combat up and down the ledge, and we're back to almost full clearing 75% of the zones since even thinking about running past something will get you instagibbed.
Haven't had fun in a single one of these yet, except for the first one where there was nothing, and this used to be my favourite mode.
Last edited by boof on April 5, 2014 7:09 AM
"
RainBabe42 wrote:
that's soo gay just 8 min before race finish i had a unexpected log out when i log back in quickly the last 3 mins exp and items i found had all gone and so sad :( did anyone had that problem? that it logged you out unexpected error as occurred log you and you lost half of the exp u where on before it log you out



Sounds like an instance crash.
Standard IGN: ABlazeColour / HC IGN: Brigade_Rosse / Rampage IGN: Cama_Zotz

My Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/384374/
My Hardcore shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/878309/
My Rampage shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1002437/
"
Completed 3 ChallengesT_Reich wrote:
"
RainBabe42 wrote:
that's soo gay just 8 min before race finish i had a unexpected log out when i log back in quickly the last 3 mins exp and items i found had all gone and so sad :( did anyone had that problem? that it logged you out unexpected error as occurred log you and you lost half of the exp u where on before it log you out



Sounds like an instance crash.

ya must be but the other guy had the same problem
"
FemtoZeta wrote:
powerful crits undying achvists + blue dischargers.

why don't you just give every player the same areas/mobs(different ones for each race)? that would make the race less of an rng competition.


I too in my second and third areas had HARD monsters that slowed me waaaay down. my second instance was Sarn with all the act three monsters -- the Uzi Shooting Ladies and the Undying Evangelists with proximity shield, Necromancers, Flame 3-ballers, bleeding monkeys... I'm like, "I'm only level 3!!!!" It took me 20 minutes to make it through that map alive, but there were so many magic monsters, I was still able to level ok.

However, my last Ledge race, i got ALL Ledge maps with the easiest and slowest moving monsters each time... ghost pirates, skeletons... monkeys, which are fast but squishy...

Anyhow, I don't so much mind the RNG of it all. I kind of think it adds that extra layer of chance so that new players might luck out on easy instances and experienced players might be hampered by a surprisingly frustrating instance. In the long run I think it better levels the playing field.

The Fixed Seed Solo races, i think, appropriately address the version of racing where the random map variable is removed -- and it allows for a bit of a meta-game and memory test to strategically move through each map. But for these endless ledge races, I think RNG is necessary and part of the fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info