Mon'tegul's Grasp

"
"
Rheakith wrote:
More. If they remove snapshotting zombies become weak and spectres become main damage. So you want tankier zombies

But you cut your zombie army in less than half...

You dont.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
bo7like wrote:
"
"
Rheakith wrote:
More. If they remove snapshotting zombies become weak and spectres become main damage. So you want tankier zombies

But you cut your zombie army in less than half...

You dont.

Context. Fucking find it.
IGN: Smegacore
"
"
Rheakith wrote:

But you cut your zombie army in less than half... How is that helpful at all?

Depends on play style and situation, but zombies with better resists more life and more damage each get bigger benefits from life steal and life regen, and in maps like tunnel your zombies will be doing more effective dps.

Currently 6L Chober snapshot summons are the best dps, but if snap shotting goes bye bye, +2 zombie helmet montreguls zombies become strongest, with 6L specters in your chest.

"
Rheakith wrote:
"
"
Rheakith wrote:

But you cut your zombie army in less than half... How is that helpful at all?

Depends on play style and situation, but zombies with better resists more life and more damage each get bigger benefits from life steal and life regen, and in maps like tunnel your zombies will be doing more effective dps.

Currently 6L Chober snapshot summons are the best dps, but if snap shotting goes bye bye, +2 zombie helmet montreguls zombies become strongest, with 6L specters in your chest.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the response. I'd rather plan for the worst instead of wasting currency for snapshot items.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
First of all montregul solves the first summoner problem which is :
10 zombies is far too many mobs for a single target, they can not hit efficiently all together, even more annoying if using skeleton or melee spectre, this resulting in a lack of single target dps.

And snaphot Zombies is NOT the best way to go for endgame content, I ve snapshoted for a long time, with all the necessary items being fully specialized summoner,

i can tell you that snapshoting is good to farm most content,
but it fails once you run in some crazy bosses (hello Atziri, torture chamber etc...), you ll end up the fight with a few minions dead (if not all) and then will have to snappshot again wich is tedious.

That s why after an atziri fight which killed all my army,
i stopped snapshoting the zombies while using my Summoner dedicated to exp, i ve respec the build i had and now it s as powerful as before, plus i can resumon them when i want, torture chamber is now a piece of cake i just need to see again Atziri to fully end this.

- I Only snaphot Spectres bubble with a 6L (they never die so i don t bother) with :

Then i use :

- 4L raging skull on +2 Minion Helmet
(aweseome on single target cause they don t get in the way of other minions but you need to eb a bit tanky cause it makes less target on screen than skeleton so you might get focus by monster)
- 5L Montregul Zombies + Desecrate (Macro)
- Flesh offering + Desecrate (Macro)
- Molten Shell + 2 Armor/Evasion Pots (Macro)
- Rejuv Totem
- Enfeeble
- Caston Damage Taken Lv1 + Enduring cry 20%
- Grace/Vitality/Discipline/Clarity
(still need reduce mana cost of aura, but no 5th aura, you need mana to resum zomb withtout a reduce mana gem)
- The "walk" Button

82% all res / 8000 Armour / 7000 ES

Stuff :
Spoiler

Enough stats to make all Gems being able to up to lv20 / 20%

Skill tree :
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9vmgRFQu9Y74eL3pyttGcHzoqN_xhzckycRlnC7v5fJPfIetAxGcYMJ4YhvnspKwzqbtRmK-wn22hqP6ro8jlfJKPqCx9P7E2wGSWqs6-64k6cI2QsqmPqAna4abI9GHRT60hcvZOdV1oCk5CIpT-w4Oth8uySL98FN2Ix20NCboffXzLwQl0QETbkZhqxH6ywqTRUgLOndDVuvTioppcHFLL-GrhXX14ZWY6asiECQM6rEhWB9GPno890dqmaecU2az0NjtzFY9Z3EPydKyOyK

And for sure I keep Snapshoting All Minions on MF Low life Sumonner for the dominus run
Last edited by Tistuto on Apr 3, 2014, 6:49:18 AM
"
Thanks for the response. I was wondering if the reduction in zombies is worth it though. If I ran with 8 zombies normally, and now I only have 4, doesn't it all even out?

Maybe you know this by now but everyone uses it for snapshotting right now.

I told myself in the past that I would use it even without snapshotting but i'm not so sure anymore. Losing half your zombies is a big downside. That guy saying that its the Kaoms for summoners is crazy unless he is referring to snapshotting only.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info