Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

What do you guys use for Defense?
I am having trouble killing some of the mob bosses, I am at 10k dps and 3.8k HP

Last edited by scorburel on Jul 30, 2015, 9:29:37 AM
I like to use a chestpiece, you seemingly don't have one.

I linked my tree back a few days ago, Acro+Phase with 200%+ life is my preferred defence.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Plz upload new passive skill tree for Scion :)
skill tree for scion please
About Jewels do you think Inspired Learning is useable? I'm saving ex-es for that because the way i see it we clear things very fast.
Also I'm using Mantra of Flames and Static Electricity. They give base dmg and therefore incrementally boost dmg.

By the way, I have two The Taming. Should I use them both or just one and another Weapon elemental dmg + Fire/lightning/cold to attack? I'm really confused because i do not know whether the effect is stackable or not.
I have one big problem with this build : mana .
"
zriel wrote:
I have one big problem with this build : mana .

How come? Mana in this build is all for reserving it with auras/heralds. BM gem is to spam your skill. Problem solved, isn't it?
Well I got to the point that I'm satisfied with the build. I can insta gib mobs in 76-77 maps off-screen now. I can't even run maps with a culler anymore because they can't keep up with the movespeed we have + you can't cull if I insta-hib enemies or kill rare mobs 20-50% hp. Map bosses also die in a matter of seconds now. Also the curse can be applied so far away, it's lovely.
And you are very tanky for a ranged character.

Replaced

Passives:

The damage is mainly so high because of the curse elemental weakness. I can now use it with curse on hit because of:

map-bosses usually die before the charges expire so you can also do full dps on bosses. Also the curse will drastically increase your dps on mobs with resistances.

Items:
Spoiler

I finally managed to make my character more op than the CoC-ripper builds from pre 2.0. The only exception is that I can't intsa-gib map-bosses by shotgunning them anymore.

Tested this in a 5-man party, you can carry easily. In fact, if it's an open-area map, there is a good chance you gotta wait for your party to keep up with you. You can kill and run faster than they can just only run.
Replace the wripper with a rare bow and you can probably be totally godlike.

1 big con for this build: expensive to get high dps with wripper adn the wripper itself is also expensive if legacy.

Update:
Forgot to mention: Buffed singletarget DPS is over 100k dps + elemental weakness curse = byebye bosses. This can be further improved:
http://s21.postimg.org/khehyod6f/dps.jpg
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 6, 2015, 4:08:43 AM
Spoken as a complete newb that I am, Which of your gems would you replace to run as you do, but with tornado shot?
And why split arrow and not tornado if I can ask?
I'm currently working on this myself, mainly my problem is getting the currency to get a rat's nest and wripper to be completely honest hehe
edit: also since I can't currently afford the windripper, what kind of bow would be a good substitute til I can afford it?
Also since I felt it maybe wasn't clear the question is, more or less in general but also to the poster above me^ :D
currently using Lioneye's Glare, and if it matters, I'm often in a party with my friend who plays melee or dual flame totem.
Last edited by Chridian on Aug 1, 2015, 10:09:34 PM
SA: more aoe/range
Tornado: Better Single target, better damage.
My opinion: low gear is for tornado, epic gear and ~lvl90+ is for SA.

Legacy windripper isn't the best in slot. But it has that nice IIQ/IIR. Any rare bow with high crit, attack speed and high elemental damage rolls I guess will outdamage the windripper.

TLDR version:
pro's:
- insanely sick op clear speed, high iiq 78 maps feel like 68 modless maps.
- MF (if using wripper)
- Knockback
- Most enemies are perma frozen, if they survive >1 hit anyway
- Offscreen killing and 'exploit'-killing mapbosses from offscreen or safely through other means.

cons:
- Very expensive
- Not the best for killing those really hard map bosses.
- Your clearspeed is so high that partying is never worth it unless you need to rotate maps to reduce the cost.
- Survivability is strong for ranged, but weak compared to high-end melee characters.
- Reflect may or may not insta you depending on the packsize and pseudo-rng-evasion rolls. Double reflect or reflect when standing on shocked ground = RIP. Only applies when you get high dps.

Longer version:
Party-ing with flame totems, melee characters, cyclone, etc. is usually not worth it once you get high dps. You kill almost all mobs before they even get to them. Like they put down their flame totems but before the flame totem can even shoot once, you already killed the entire screen. They probably only hold you back because you gotta wait for them with your near-non-stop ~120% movespeed. But keeping this movespeed up in parties is harder.
The only reason to party with them would be to rotate high level maps to reduce the cost.

Really, all those builds like dual flame totem that claim "You got excellent clear speed" is really a pile of garbage in terms of clear-speed compared to this build. This one imo has more clearspeed than pre 2.0 CoC builds.
BUT, flame totems and such are insanely cheap, insanely safe and easy2play, unlike this build. And should probably be used for newbies or new leagues instead of this build. Also this build is very risky vs some bosses like crematorium, tunneler (orchard boss), atziri, etc. While those other builds can handle these better.

But hey, clearspeed = all that matters in the end. More xp&more orbs per hour from clearspeed&MF. You can get several ex a day in orb-value alone.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 2, 2015, 5:15:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info