Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Anyone else feeling the lack of defenses in this build? Im almost 70 and I tend to take a lot of high spike damage from physical based attacks in melee or aoe jump attack's. Anything I can do to increase my survival? Im playing in the Bloodlines HC league so I could really use some help.

Here is my gear
Is this build hardcore viable?
"
coldone2 wrote:
Is this build hardcore viable?

Doubt it. Maybe if you are super careful.
I'm somehow 10k dps shorter(on my testing dummy) than Mathil had in video "Windripper build with a Death's Harp (ele crit tornado shot)". Is it nerf or gear or spec that makes so much difference? or all together? Also after changing to some random thicket bow build feels a lot quicker in clear speed.

gear on testing dummy

Skill Tree
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
"
coldone2 wrote:
Anyone else feeling the lack of defenses in this build? [...]

If you've copied build completely then it would lack defenses but you can swap voll's to lightning coil, get acro, then it would become tankier. It would have same defenses as phys-ts-puncture which was very popular in Beyond and many people did it to 90+.
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
coldone2 wrote:

If you've copied build completely then it would lack defenses but you can swap voll's to lightning coil, get acro, then it would become tankier. It would have same defenses as phys-ts-puncture which was very popular in Beyond and many people did it to 90+.
If you do that, tho, just go Phys Tornado Shot with an Harbinger and drop Windripper altogether.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
"
Jiaozy wrote:
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
coldone2 wrote:

If you do that, tho, just go Phys Tornado Shot with an Harbinger and drop Windripper altogether.

this is definitely an option but it's way easier for me to level gems to 20 with random thicket than finding 250+pdps 9+% crit harbinger.
Im trying this out as a shadow using the elemental starting nodes (since i found a windripper last night whoop) seems to be allright is shadow start just to underpowered overall? (if so will roll a ranger and relevel.)
Kefirhl mathil will have all 20/20 gems + the volls acts as a 7l since pcoc is free, also guessing his ttdps is pre patch.
"
Fhark wrote:
Im trying this out as a shadow using the elemental starting nodes (since i found a windripper last night whoop) seems to be allright is shadow start just to underpowered overall? (if so will roll a ranger and relevel.)
Kefirhl mathil will have all 20/20 gems + the volls acts as a 7l since pcoc is free, also guessing his ttdps is pre patch.

I specc'ed another char to different nodes and my dps when to 14k with

other pieces same as posted above. My 2 non-20/20 are tornado and gmp there, I assume it would buff dps by around 1k, but still far from 20k.

PCoC is not really needed for solo, because you can use curse on hit with AssMark on Lightning Arrow or Herald of Lightning auto-curse.

here 104 points (level 87) build

after that just go for life or change shadow upper pathing to crit-powercharge
Last edited by kefirhl on Dec 19, 2014, 3:32:54 AM
Thanks for that i just followed the mathil tree just joining using the starting elemental nodes, if i feel underpowered i will probably adjust. Last thing i can think off with deaths harp is to use lmp instead of gmp, im no expert on all the dmg modifiers etc but should help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info