Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

Hi Mathil,

Absolutely insane video. I was once going to run the spec, had a 6L ripper/volls but sold them. Anyway form selling the ripper I have:

Could you suggest a version of this build (just a passive tree, everything else stays I'm assuming) that utilizes the gloves? Or anyone who knows, for that matter.
"
ansizf wrote:
"
I thought about Blood Magic, but I don't think it fits this build well enough.

I thought this way as well until I was able to 6L my Voll's and throw a blood magic gem in there. With all the auras I'm running (4 auras) I literally only have 2 mana, so blood magic is a must have, combined with life leech and vaal pact you have no worries about sustaining your skills.

We were talking about the keystone Blood Magic when playing on low life.
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Hi Mathil,

Absolutely insane video. I was once going to run the spec, had a 6L ripper/volls but sold them. Anyway form selling the ripper I have:

Could you suggest a version of this build (just a passive tree, everything else stays I'm assuming) that utilizes the gloves? Or anyone who knows, for that matter.

For the most part it's pretty easy, just take the 2% Mana Leech passive from the tree, or get 1-2% from gear and drop the Blood Magic gem in favour of another support. Either Pierce if you use Drillneck, or whatever you feel is best otherwise, maybe Added Lightning Damage or Faster Attacks. Thanks to the instant Mana Leech you should be able to pretty easily sustain the mana for the skill infinitely, and that's the only real reason to use the Blood Magic gem in the first place. Depending on the leech you have on gear and passive, you may even be able to get away with dropping the Life Leech gem in favour of even more damage. As for actual passive trees, as far as I can tell you have two options, first is to get Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, and the second is to get stupid damage:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguGY4AXtN-xKK74_66fXWv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNZu1jDYfQQMetUhwUioL8-oOSGNDL2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GEZa4yjt8D8Sio-96_MXBM4bOIXZbr90Nh3ZnoEp91op_K3fXVvqgnznUdvcx-k2SI_aNfTB8_94k_edUUUfKSsM6b553B4cTnKSDCbl8jAvssDY9bWydqmyM44TnCnjrCpunNMCcwONLV_GzOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1jb8HHpUu8NVJUcwGcsOrCw==

or

NOTE: I took the 30% Ele Damage at the Shadow Start, but Arcing Blows might actually get your better DPS, I don't have the gloves, or a high enough level character to test which works out better, experiment with that yourself.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguGY4AXtN-xKK74_66fXWv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNZu1jDYfQQMetUhwUioL8-oOSGNDL2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GEZa4yjt8D8Sio-96_MXBM4bOIXZbr90Nh3ZnoEp91op_K3fXVvqgnznUdvcx-k2SI_aNfTB8_94k_edUUUfKSsM6b553B4cTnKSDCbl8jAvssDY9bWydqmyM44TnCnjrCpunNMCcBx6VLvDVSVHMBnLDqwtirP-TidNw1W_yUdmwkvv1tDjlGQ==

Basically those gloves are OP, and should have never been added to the game, and you'll do just fine regardless of what you decide to do, being both essentially immortal, as well as being able to do unparalleled damage.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Nov 4, 2014, 5:42:20 PM
"
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Hi Mathil,

For the most part it's pretty easy, just take the 2% Mana Leech passive from the tree, or get 1-2% from gear and drop the Blood Magic gem in favour of another support. Either Pierce if you use Drillneck, or whatever you feel is best otherwise, maybe Added Lightning Damage or Faster Attacks. Thanks to the instant Mana Leech you should be able to pretty easily sustain the mana for the skill infinitely, and that's the only real reason to use the Blood Magic gem in the first place. Depending on the leech you have on gear and passive, you may even be able to get away with dropping the Life Leech gem in favour of even more damage. As for actual passive trees, as far as I can tell you have two options, first is to get Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics, and the second is to get stupid damage:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguGY4AXtN-xKK74_66fXWv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNZu1jDYfQQMetUhwUioL8-oOSGNDL2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GEZa4yjt8D8Sio-96_MXBM4bOIXZbr90Nh3ZnoEp91op_K3fXVvqgnznUdvcx-k2SI_aNfTB8_94k_edUUUfKSsM6b553B4cTnKSDCbl8jAvssDY9bWydqmyM44TnCnjrCpunNMCcwONLV_GzOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1jb8HHpUu8NVJUcwGcsOrCw==

or

NOTE: I took the 30% Ele Damage at the Shadow Start, but Arcing Blows might actually get your better DPS, I don't have the gloves, or a high enough level character to test which works out better, experiment with that yourself.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm43tgwguGY4AXtN-xKK74_66fXWv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBlVLYeImlRa_D6tTNZu1jDYfQQMetUhwUioL8-oOSGNDL2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GEZa4yjt8D8Sio-96_MXBM4bOIXZbr90Nh3ZnoEp91op_K3fXVvqgnznUdvcx-k2SI_aNfTB8_94k_edUUUfKSsM6b553B4cTnKSDCbl8jAvssDY9bWydqmyM44TnCnjrCpunNMCcBx6VLvDVSVHMBnLDqwtirP-TidNw1W_yUdmwkvv1tDjlGQ==

Basically those gloves are OP, and should have never been added to the game, and you'll do just fine regardless of what you decide to do, being both essentially immortal, as well as being able to do unparalleled damage.

But like 99% of his mana is reserved in the build, will there even be enough mana to shoot the tornado shot XD?
Also have you ever tried uber atziri with this spec? Would be interesting to see
"
CabooseDog wrote:
But like 99% of his mana is reserved in the build, will there even be enough mana to shoot the tornado shot XD?

Yeah, level 20 Reduced Mana's will be required, but even the tiniest amount of mana will do it. You're sustaining on leech and not regen, so all you really need is enough unreserved to successfully attack 2-3 times, I'd say go for having enough mana to attack 3 times without running out, for the sake of reliability. I have 59 mana unreserved with my current gear, and a very similar passive tree to Mathil's, which is already enough to shoot once with a 6L. Getting 100-150 unreserved should be pretty trivial. You can also just spend 3 passives to get an additional 4% Reduced Reserve near Necromantic Aegis, and that'll do it for you as well, but I'm confident that you can pull it off without taking that node.

Once you get aura nodes, level 20 Reduced Mana, and Alpha's Howl, then you're only reserving 90% of your mana, leaving 10% left to work with.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Nov 4, 2014, 8:53:12 PM
"
"
CabooseDog wrote:

Yeah, level 20 Reduced Mana's will be required, but even the tiniest amount of mana will do it. You're sustaining on leech and not regen, so all you really need is enough unreserved to successfully attack 2-3 times, I'd say go for having enough mana to attack 3 times without running out, for the sake of reliability. I have 59 mana unreserved with my current gear, and a very similar passive tree to Mathil's, which is already enough to shoot once with a 6L. Getting 100-150 unreserved should be pretty trivial. You can also just spend 3 passives to get an additional 4% Reduced Reserve near Necromantic Aegis, and that'll do it for you as well, but I'm confident that you can pull it off without taking that node.

Once you get aura nodes, level 20 Reduced Mana, and Alpha's Howl, then you're only reserving 90% of your mana, leaving 10% left to work with.

Ahhh I didn't take into account that w/o BM the mana cost to fire off an arrow would decrease dramatically. What do you think about dropping voll's and adding pcoc? Or would that be sort of inferior to keeping volls and adding another dps support? That opens up the option for some neat chests, either a good rare or maybe a unique like lightning coil.

Also do you have any comments on modifying this spec to be able to kill atziri/uber?

Edit: I didn't think of it at the time but dropping BM opens up the option to add IIQ/IIR for additional MF purposes, something to consider I guess.
Last edited by CabooseDog on Nov 4, 2014, 9:13:42 PM
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Ahhh I didn't take into account that w/o BM the mana cost to fire off an arrow would decrease dramatically. What do you think about dropping voll's and adding pcoc? Or would that be sort of inferior to keeping volls and adding another dps support? That opens up the option for some neat chests, either a good rare or maybe a unique like lightning coil.

Also do you have any comments on modifying this spec to be able to kill atziri/uber?

Edit: I didn't think of it at the time but dropping BM opens up the option to add IIQ/IIR for additional MF purposes, something to consider I guess.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not using Voll's, mostly due to not having a 6L Voll's to use. That's definitely going to make it a lot harder. I wouldn't suggest removing Voll's and using PCoC, since that doesn't really net you a whole lot. What I do suggest is messing around with a playstyle that takes advantage of the Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit set-up to sustain charges.

I've found with a level 19 Assassin's Mark that I can reasonably sustain 5 Power Charges purely off of Assassin's Mark auto-cursing with Herald of Thunder. It's a bit unreliable, and your charges will time out from time to time, and that's really more a strategy for when you have a 20/20 Assassin's Mark, but it's a strategy I suggest you play around with, because if it's a playstyle that you don't find too annoying, then it's going to get you better performance than a Voll's anyways.

As far as replacement chest options, I haven't put a huge amount of thought into it, since I'm still running around with a Tabula, but Lightning Coil's up there as one of the better option. The downside there is, given that you're also using Acuity, and Alpha's, you'll have a hard time capping your resists, and may need resists on your Quiver to manage it, or will at the very least need some pretty expensive jewellery. I think the next few good options are Queen of the Forest, Kaom's Heart/Belly of the Beast(Not actually sure which would work out better, given that this tree takes very few life nodes) and Daresso's Defiance, or possibly just a nice Rare Evasion 6L.

Don't have too much advice regarding Atziri specifically, given that it's not a fight I'm particularly fond of, so I don't have a huge amount of practice with it.
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Also have you ever tried uber atziri with this spec? Would be interesting to see

Nope never tried Uber and don't intend to. This wouldn't be the best build for it although it might be capable with some changes. There's plenty of good Uber builds out there though and it's not worth running at all anymore in my opinion so it's not really my goal for builds anymore.

Should be able to do regular Atziri fairly comfortably though I am yet to try it. Need to get off my ass and buy a set/make a video of it.

As for Acuities, yea refund the vaal pact passives and mash your face on your keyboard to pick your new replacement passives. Hardly matters what you do when you have that item because it's the single strongest thing out there by a large margin.

Seriously though I'd probably stay BM as I currently am and just fill out a bunch of semi-useful stuff throughout the tree like this: AcuitybuildIchangedin4seconds
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Even with acuity, bm is needed, don't dream too much about not using it.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info