Uber Atziri Down! (My build inside)

"
1988288 wrote:
So many salty and jelly players in thread, as it's expected from this community.

Anyways, congrats man. I really wonder how she wasn't killed in Standard where the best gear lies in..

did you expect anything less from me?
Just curious as I've never played this build before. I'm lurking while at work and this really sparked my interest for debate.

Doesn't the snapshot in this case just increase the damage? There seems to be a lot a fuss over over the mechanic, but I'm sort of confused. The defensive build to counteract RF is the whole point.

In addition GGG says that this isn't an exploit, and finally, the build is still very viable from what I can tell without a snapshot. If the video had been 3 times as long, with the same result would there still be all this complaining?

Let me know if I've missed something.....
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
@Darth You've missed nothing. Snapshot is not what won him the fight though it probably made the second fight more possible. The path to uber Aztiri is also really difficult with lower DPS.

"
In addition GGG says that this isn't an exploit

They have said it's a bug they intend to fix but are finding it difficult to fix.

"
Just curious as I've never played this build before. I'm lurking while at work and this really sparked my interest for debate.

It's an Aztiri killing build. I highly recommend you don't make it since snapshot will probably be fixed sometime soon. Without snapshot, RF is a pretty terrible build and even with snapshot many of the best map mods are impossible to do.
Last edited by kasub on Mar 31, 2014, 11:10:32 AM
Gratz on the kill, and you actually got the item that I would consider the most broken thing PoE had to offer in it's entire life time. Balanced because rare, sure. -.-
Anyways, enjoy Vaal Pact as it was meant to be (+ instant mana leech).
"
SorakPoE wrote:
I'm confused as to how this snap-shotting works in this case. My understanding of snap-shotting, at least as applies to summoners, was that the Active Skill gem needed to be equipped the entire time once in an instance, or you can go back to town to swap gear but then the gem has to be in the same slot on your new equipment for the snap-shot to hold.

How can you snap-shot the RF using Carcass Jack, then swap to Kaom's and still keep RF up?

He is not getting the damage from the Kaoms, it only gives him more HP. RF does not work like summoner snapshotting, and it was purposely designed this way (per Mark) so that you couldn't stop yourself from burning by weapon swapping or taking out the gem.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Congrats!
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Wait, how does the RF stay active when he removes the gem (by removing the armor?) o_0
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Wait, how does the RF stay active when he removes the gem (by removing the armor?) o_0

It simply does, because it is a burn, and this is fully intended, so that you can not make yourself stop burning without a dispel flask, because RF is supposed to be dangerous.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Mar 31, 2014, 12:25:53 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
"
SorakPoE wrote:
I'm confused as to how this snap-shotting works in this case. My understanding of snap-shotting, at least as applies to summoners, was that the Active Skill gem needed to be equipped the entire time once in an instance, or you can go back to town to swap gear but then the gem has to be in the same slot on your new equipment for the snap-shot to hold.

How can you snap-shot the RF using Carcass Jack, then swap to Kaom's and still keep RF up?

He is not getting the damage from the Kaoms, it only gives him more HP. RF does not work like summoner snapshotting, and it was purposely designed this way (per Mark) so that you couldn't stop yourself from burning by weapon swapping or taking out the gem.

boy did that change back fire aye
"
reboticon wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

It simply does, because it is a burn, and this is fully intended, so that you can not make yourself stop burning without a dispel flask, because RF is supposed to be dangerous.

Well, I'll just call that a stupid design. Compromising the whole system of snapshot prevention just so players have to spend 20 alts to roll the needed affix on their flask.

Also, I'm a bit sadden with all the display of power creep lately. I remember when GGG was very strongly against power creep in CB, and today if you don't have 95%+ uptime of Immortal call, 84+ resist with fire being over 90+, it's gtfo league for you.

New uniques are just additional slap in the face (MMO raid style, BiS uniques...). What the hell happened, ggg?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 31, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info