Game takes alot of virtual memory.

Hello.

I'v noticed game takes alot of VM during start, right on login screen. It's like almost 1Gb of VM taken while it takes only 20-30 of RAM at that point. Also first loading takes like 2 min. Or even more.

So i don't understand why game loads so much data at loading screen when i didnt even logged in. :D And it makes my PC act bad when i try to alt-tab to make screenshot proofs for this, so im not able to show it but you can imagine what it is like.

I have 1gb DDR2 on PC right now with 1.5GB of VM which constantly goes higher due to game load everything into it as it seems. And VM is alot slower than RAM memory, so you can guess how it affect performance. Plus every new zone also loads new data, i guess. It just stacks up or it's only my guess, judging to that long wait before it starts in new area?

Anyway, maybe my "only 1gb" RAM cause this or maybe something else is problem here.

Thanks in advance for reading. Cheers!
I have 8gb of ram and a pretty decent computer and get the same results. Dont care about it ,though...
"
vviinnkkoo wrote:
Hello.

I'v noticed game takes alot of VM during start, right on login screen. It's like almost 1Gb of VM taken while it takes only 20-30 of RAM at that point. Also first loading takes like 2 min. Or even more.

Anyway, maybe my "only 1gb" RAM cause this or maybe something else is problem here.

See here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/faq#q14

14. What are the hardware requirements for Path of Exile?

"...At the moment, you will need a Graphics Card with Pixel Shader 3.0 or higher, and a CPU that supports SSE2. At least 2GB of RAM is recommended, and older Integrated Graphics Cards will not run well....."
Ah i see, missed that part. Thanks.
"
vviinnkkoo wrote:
Hello.

So i don't understand why game loads so much data at loading screen when i didnt even logged in. :D And it makes my PC act bad when i try to alt-tab to make screenshot proofs for this, so im not able to show it but you can imagine what it is like.

I have 1gb DDR2 on PC right now with 1.5GB of VM which constantly goes higher due to game load everything into it as it seems. And VM is alot slower than RAM memory, so you can guess how it affect performance. Plus every new zone also loads new data, i guess. It just stacks up or it's only my guess, judging to that long wait before it starts in new area?

My watch has more ram than that :P
Fun things, Sad things... We can't share everything, But what we can, we should share... That is what it means to be a guild. A single persons happiness is everyone's happiness. A single persons anger is everyone's anger. And a single person's tears are everyone's tears.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info