Diablo 3 review.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-review/1900-6415713/

He essentially said

Unless you liked Diablo 3 before you won't like ROS. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Diablo fanboy when it comes to 1 and 2... but Diablo 3 really let me down. If I had a choice I'd love to be playing Diablo over PoE. But too bad PoE is what Diablo 3 should of been and I congratulate GGG on doing this.
I fucking HATED D3 before. I kinda like it now.

I can kill stuff and find upgrades. It's still a grind, but there is a great chance that I'm gonna get an upgrade if I keep grinding. I like that.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
AntonChigur wrote:

I can kill stuff and find upgrades. It's still a grind, but there is a great chance that I'm gonna get an upgrade if I keep grinding. I like that.

Really? I don't think I'll personally get ROS unless it goes on sale. With PoE right now and TESO coming out next week I don't see the point. I expect a lot from Diablo and I feel like 3 will let me down.
My issue with d3 is its lack of longevity. You can essentially max out its potential in a few months, vs years for most other rpgs of this type (Heres lookin at you Angband, you sweet sweet morsel.)
HAIL SATAN!
"
AntonChigur wrote:

This grinds to a near halt pretty fast. It's fun while it lasts sorta thing.
Diablo has incredibly satisfying combat. But that is the only thing it has going for it against poe.

The storyline is a joke.
There is no end game, nobody want to run diablo 100 times to get marginally better gear just to run diablo 100 times again.
PvP sucks cock.
Class builds.. what builds? You can't even call that builds..
RMAH - This just shows they are only out for money anymore, they knew how bad will this be for the game but they don't care because it will make more money for them.

The game is insanely fun to play for a while, but only for a little while. Like a week or so. Then it gets very boring because there is no reason to go on.
This is not a problem for blizzard, people only pay for the game once, there is no subscription so they don't need keep players long term, and they also know that they won't lose many costumers because people are getting enough bang for their buck, a week or two of nonstop fun is well worth $50.

So they situation turns into a sad stalemate.

To create a perfect RPG we would need blizzard's huge development team paired with GGG idea guys, with no influence from blizzard's top brass, who are only out for quick dosh.
Last edited by MikeX7 on Mar 29, 2014, 6:35:38 AM
"
MikeX7 wrote:
Diablo has incredibly satisfying combat. But that is the only thing it has going for it against poe.

The storyline is a joke.
There is no end game, nobody want to run diablo 100 times to get marginally better gear just to run diablo 100 times again.
PvP sucks cock.
Class builds.. what builds? You can't even call that builds..
RMAH - This just shows they are only out for money anymore, they knew how bad will this be for the game but they don't care because it will make more money for them.

The game is insanely fun to play for a while, but only for a little while. Like a week or so. Then it gets very boring because there is no reason to go on.
This is not a problem for blizzard, people only pay for the game once, there is no subscription so they don't need keep players long term, and they also know that they won't lose many costumers because people are getting enough bang for their buck, a week or two of nonstop fun is well worth $50.

So they situation turns into a sad stalemate.

To create a perfect RPG we would need blizzard's huge development team paired with GGG idea guys, with no influence from blizzard's top brass, who are only out for quick dosh.

You DO know that ALL forms of AH have been removed, right?

None of that economy crap shit anymore in RoS.
Too bad is compeltely false (besides story and maybe PvP but who cares about PvP?) lol.

I HATED vanilla D3 too. Now its a good game. Still shallow itemization (with some great uniques but not all) but is enjoyable game. Very refreshing after pile of trade, economy, rng and overall bullshit crap PoE becomes. It reminds me when i played D2 singleplayer with only couple of friends via LAN from time to time.

If you want HnS game now - play D3 RoS. I doubt it willl last years but its ok for now.

PS. GGG 'ideas' with their addiction to gambling and thinking that oneshoting offscreen is skill and rng is hardcore (and many more idiotic design decisions and 'ideas') SHOULD NEVER LEAVE NEW ZEALAND. PLEASE DONT INFEST OTHER HnS GAMES WITH THIS SHIT. THX.
Last edited by KarraKurri on Mar 29, 2014, 7:59:48 AM
Why post about D3 on the POE forum? Post it on the D3 forum so the devs there know whether its good or bad. It doesnt really do much for GGG when people talk D3 on their forum except that people cant get away from the POE forum.

cough*forum addicts*cough
got max level monk. i admit i was disappointed at first but now i love where D3 is going+ Reaper of Souls is coming out so it`s definitely worth trying :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info