Health potion bug?

If health becomes full when using a health potion it's effect instantly disappears.

For example if my potion's duration is 6 seconds and I heal to full life in 1 second then lose some life again, the potion won't heal me after that first second even though I'm wounded and the potion's effect shouldn't stop for another 5 seconds.

This is a huge problem when your health drops and heals very quickly.
I'm almost certain this is not a bug. Has been like this for a long time now, although I have not found anything saying anything about this being intended or not.

But, it has been like that for the last 5 months, so probably somebody did notice, and it wasn't a bug.

Not completely sure though.
This is specifically how it's intended to work.
I do find it annoying. You have to carefully balance resource usage if you want to get the best bang for your buck, or make good use of secondary effects, like knockback or leech.

Why did you guys choose to do it this way, mark?
http://i.imgur.com/kyhjZoN.png
I think it's a good system or the buffs, like +92% armor or whatever, would be abusable. Plus, then that would probably mean you could spam potions at full health and just wait for yourself to be damaged and insta-recover.
"
Punkonjunk wrote:
I do find it annoying. You have to carefully balance resource usage if you want to get the best bang for your buck, or make good use of secondary effects, like knockback or leech.

Why did you guys choose to do it this way, mark?

I bolded the part where you answered you're own question. They wanted you to manage the potions, they wanted you to think. They didn't want you to be able to just mash around.
Last edited by Tavaesoe on Jan 31, 2013, 3:22:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info