Could we please get some dye mtx already? Or at least some pants?

I want to get rid of this incredible ugly blue but was not able find any boots who cover up the whole lower section of the body.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3573/mlqf83k7_jpg.htm

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3573/r4owkum2_jpg.htm

It's really disappointing to see that we are still not able to dye our characters.

My Scion would look great if it weren't for that blue.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Hi

Glad to see others on the same idea train. Suggested dyes awhile ago the ingredients could be another monster drop also some plants could yield interesting dyes.

This dye idea though corresponded with the vanity inventory screen idea. The vanity inventory would make MTX not item bound so players wouldn't have to continually take off and add again. This screen would also have a pet slot so pets will automatically be summoned when player enters. The skin transfers and gem MTX's would still be item bound.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
To be honest I dont see a dye system coming to PoE any times soon. The games item art just wasnt built around it. With the newer gears we tried to to have areas that you could dye. However We only ended up re skinning the helmets and shields. There a still a heap more items in the game to do this to. This pretty much means going through every item texture in the game and adding white to them in certain areas in order to dye them. However some items as you can clearly see wernt designed with those dyed areas in mind.

This sucks of coarse because a dye system would have been awesome. However at this current point its not very easy to go back and fix. Its more something that has to be built from the ground up. In other words it was a bad oversight for us.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
To be honest I dont see a dye system coming to PoE any times soon. The games item art just wasnt built around it. With the newer gears we tried to to have areas that you could dye. However We only ended up re skinning the helmets and shields. There a still a heap more items in the game to do this to. This pretty much means going through every item texture in the game and adding white to them in certain areas in order to dye them. However some items as you can clearly see wernt designed with those dyed areas in mind.

This sucks of coarse because a dye system would have been awesome. However at this current point its not very easy to go back and fix. Its more something that has to be built from the ground up. In other words it was a bad oversight for us.

You don't have to bring up the option to be able to dye every item in the game!

The only thing I wanted was to be able to dye the standard outfit of the scion / every class to another color, like for example, black or red so that I could get rid of this blue which does not fit with the armor / set I am wearing.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Mar 30, 2014, 6:56:10 AM
"
Diablo1reborn wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

You don't have to bring up the option to be able to dye every item in the game!

The only thing I wanted was to be able to dye the standard outfit of the scion / every class to another color, like for example, black or red so that I could get rid of this blue which does not fit with the armor / set I am wearing.

Oh right. Well yeah I hope to see that in the future too. That duelist shirt..
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
It doesn't have to be as difficult as you guys make it.

Option A:
Take the current character, modify the texture and/or the mesh (repaint the Scion's clothing red, give the Duelist a different stile of shirt, give pants to the Templar (oh god please do)), sell this alternate looking base char as a microtransaction.

Option B:
Take the current character, make a copy, make the texture of this copy dyeable, sell this dyeable base char as a microtransaction.

Also, you know this Hue/Saturation option in Photoshop? Why not just implement that? No need to add white anywhere.

But seriously, would it kill you to add Templar pants as a microtransaction?
Last edited by Dreamer000 on Mar 31, 2014, 10:33:52 AM
Hi

CharanJaydemyr
"
Every time my Duelist dies, I like that I don't have to blame myself.

HAHAHA, LONG LIVE THE RED SHIRTS!

Thanks Russel for the info on Dyes, perhaps one day there will be away around this.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info