disconnected from patching server before patching completed

Trying to download PoE to a new laptop. Keep getting the error message Disconnected from the patching server before... please advise.
Trying to download PoE to a new laptop. Keep getting the error message Disconnected from the patching server before... please advise.
Hi, I have the same issue. Yesterday I wanted to play POE first time since new year. At the beginning everything was fine (updating, allocating space, downloading) till first error - not enough space. After that I made few gb's space more but then next error has been shown: disconnected form patching server... None of previous posted ideas works for me. Neither restart laptop nor router restart. Few minutes ago I've tried
"

jimmyzee123 wrote:
Nothing worked for me till I saw this reddit post :D

" Go to the shortcut you use to open the game and right click it Select properties and in the box labled Target you should see the path to where the game is installed on your computer

Go to the end of that line of text (do not erase any of it) and copy paste (or type it in) this

--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724

Note: Be sure to put a space after whats already there"

I'm now happily installing the game. I'm just not sure what would happen if I leave that line there when I do eventually get it installed & try to play
but what happened is that I have other error: unable to connect to patching server.

What should I do? How should I live? :)
Last edited by Sol_XXI_Invictus on Feb 6, 2019, 5:13:48 AM
This is happening to me too. I'm attempting to install the game fresh. It never makes it to a percent installed, instead it crashes during checking resources.

win 10 64/admin mode/amd 1600x/1080 nvidia
tried using a vpn to patch as well

The popup box contains the following:
--
Connection Failure

Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again.
--

This is on a fresh install of windows. Please send help.
Last edited by Engenx on Feb 26, 2019, 8:25:34 PM
Just right click the launch icon and choose open as administrator it will fix the issue i had all the same problems and tried all other stuff as well. Allowing admin it went right through.

Also if that doesn't work. I had a friend that was still having trouble i put my launcher for the steam version, on a thumb drive took it to his house and ran that launcher on his pc and steam started downloading it immediately this launcher was from Incursion.
Last edited by Grynshintina on Mar 2, 2019, 12:17:22 PM
"
Talamier wrote:
So I was playing fine this morning. Now I have this error and cannot patch. So what exactly is the problem because my laptop was obviously able to play fine before this patch.

I will add that I switched from the Washington to California server this morning as I recently came to Phoenix for vacation. Could the game be confused and trying to patch from Washington but is set on California?

EDIT:
Ok, fixed by ending the KillerNetworkService.exe process on my MSI laptop. Ugh

This is the only fix in this thread that worked for me on my Alienware laptop. Tried everything else and nothing worked until I tried this fix. Now patching.
Mi pomogło naprawienie problemu z zgodnością ustawiło mi na win 8
So for the past two days I can't connect to the game at all. First it started when I was trying to login. I would click the "login" button, for a second looks like game is gonna give me the character selection screen, but before I get to see it, I get back to the login screen and get a message: An unexpected disconnection ocurred (...or something like that). So I tried reinstalling the game first. So now I can't even download the game, because when I open the launcher to start downloading I get the Diconnected from patching server before patching completed...

I will be very grateful for any help, this is highly annoying... Also I'll add, I changed the router about 3 days ago...first day worked great, connection improved... now I can't play the game. I don't know if the router is the issue, just thought maybe I'll mention it.

Thanks in advance.
I got same problem when I'm installing poe in my new laptop. The problrm for me is about the install patch. It cannot works when I build a POE folder under E diskand try to install poe in the "poe" folder. So I just install the game under E disk and it is allocating space right now.Hope it could works .
"
Menkyo49 wrote:
"
Talamier wrote:
So I was playing fine this morning. Now I have this error and cannot patch. So what exactly is the problem because my laptop was obviously able to play fine before this patch.

I will add that I switched from the Washington to California server this morning as I recently came to Phoenix for vacation. Could the game be confused and trying to patch from Washington but is set on California?

EDIT:
Ok, fixed by ending the KillerNetworkService.exe process on my MSI laptop. Ugh

This is the only fix in this thread that worked for me on my Alienware laptop. Tried everything else and nothing worked until I tried this fix. Now patching.

Im on an Desktop and it seems like that some "network enhancing" Softwares are the cause for it,

i was monitoring my PC from my Working Laptop and at the point i did close the Program "XFast Lan" i was able to download the game so be aware of those Programms alot of Laptops have them preinstalled

bb

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info