disconnected from patching server before patching completed

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

Could you please confirm that you're still running the game as an administrator?

Shure, I havn't changed anything in my Windows profile, and have all the rights and permissions...
In that case, I recommend going into your Path of Exile folder and looking for a file called PathOfExile.tmp. This is usually found in Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile.
If that file is present, remove your PathOfExile.exe file, and rename PathOfExile.tmp to be PathOfExile.exe

If this issue persists, that may be due to your antivirus/firewall settings, but that should solve the problem for now. If you continue to have any issues like this and you've confirmed your antivirus/firewall aren't causing them please let us know.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Mar 31, 2014, 4:39:56 AM
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
In that case, I recommend going into your Path of Exile folder and looking for a file called PathOfExile.tmp. This is usually found in Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile.
If that file is present, remove your PathOfExile.exe file, and rename PathOfExile.tmp to be PathOfExile.exe

If this issue persists, that may be due to your antivirus/firewall settings, but that should solve the problem for now. If you continue to have any issues like this and you've confirmed your antivirus/firewall aren't causing them please let us know.

Hm, I dont have client.tm file, but I have PathOfExile.tmp

I've renamed it, and the game started. But is it a real solution? And what will happen, whan the next patch will be applied?

Anyway, thank you for help!
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Mar 31, 2014, 4:39:33 AM
That's the one. Looks like I was referring to an outdated resource, so I've edited my post in case others have this issue.

That will solve the problem for now, and it should be repeatable if it happens again, but as I said, it may just be an antivirus/firewall issue, so you should be able to check your permissions in those programs to ensure they aren't interfering.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
can some one help me pls i have the same problem and i dont have a PathOfExile.tmp file
"
nech0 wrote:
can some one help me pls i have the same problem and i dont have a PathOfExile.tmp file

Post your own thread and clearly describe your problem including any error messages you're getting.

Be specific. Also include errors from the very end of the client.txt file (in the logs folder) as those can be important if they are related to the errors.
Run compatibility test, and run it with recommended setting, worked for me :)
Nothing worked for me till I saw this reddit post :D

" Go to the shortcut you use to open the game and right click it Select properties and in the box labled Target you should see the path to where the game is installed on your computer

Go to the end of that line of text (do not erase any of it) and copy paste (or type it in) this

--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724

Note: Be sure to put a space after whats already there"

I'm now happily installing the game. I'm just not sure what would happen if I leave that line there when I do eventually get it installed & try to play
"
jimmyzee123 wrote:
Nothing worked for me till I saw this reddit post :D

" Go to the shortcut you use to open the game and right click it Select properties and in the box labled Target you should see the path to where the game is installed on your computer

Go to the end of that line of text (do not erase any of it) and copy paste (or type it in) this

--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724

Note: Be sure to put a space after whats already there"

I'm now happily installing the game. I'm just not sure what would happen if I leave that line there when I do eventually get it installed & try to play

Thanks... this helped me today (this update error occured for the first time to me) :-)
What's the default patch update port ?
I have same issue, yet I can not solve it after I tried all above

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info