Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

A reminder to GGG to never fall for the 'SFL' trap

"
LSN wrote:
NO MATTER HOW GOOD DROPRATES ARE YOU WILL REACH THE LVL WHERE YOU CAN HARDLY FIND ANY IMPROVEMENTS (OR CRAFT THEM) AND THEREFORE GET BORED. IF YOU DON'T LIKE TRADING OR MAXING CHARACKTER TO LVL 100 OR GETTING A 100% ITEM WHERE YOU ONLY HAVE A 99% ONE THE GAME IS OVER FOR YOU THEN.

MAD CAPSLOCK SKILLS BRO ARE YOU FIVE YEARS OLD?
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
LSN wrote:

NO MATTER HOW GOOD DROPRATES ARE YOU WILL REACH THE LVL WHERE YOU CAN HARDLY FIND ANY IMPROVEMENTS (OR CRAFT THEM) AND THEREFORE GET BORED. If you don't enjoy grinding to 100 or rerolling or maximizing your items from 98 to 100% no SFL can ever help you.

It's not the drop rates. It's the variance.

No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
LSN wrote:
NO MATTER HOW GOOD DROPRATES ARE YOU WILL REACH THE LVL WHERE YOU CAN HARDLY FIND ANY IMPROVEMENTS (OR CRAFT THEM) AND THEREFORE GET BORED.

That would only be the case if the game fucking sucks. And it doesn't -- it has the greatest potential for build diversity among all ARPGs. The core design of the game makes sure that it'll take a lot of time to exhaust even a fraction of all options the game offers, and GGG consistently adds even more content.

This argument is the laziest of them all.

EDIT: derp'ed an expression
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Mar 27, 2014, 9:44:04 AM
"
ephetat wrote:

That would only be the case if the game fucking sucks. And it doesn't -- it has the greatest potential for build diversity among all ARPGs. The core design of the game makes sure that it'll take a lot of time to exhaust even a fraction of all options the game offers, and GGG consistently adds even more content.

This argument is the laziest of them all.

+1
This argument in fact is the most solid. Ppl just dont understand simple mechanics thats all.

Either things are scarce and you grind endlessly for getting something (=PoE)
or everything drops quite often and therefore everyone gets everything quite quickly (=D3).

In both cases there will be an equilibrium point and when you reach this nothing that can drop or easily be crafted will ever increase you as quick as you wish.

The intrinsic feature of improvements is that every further improvement will become less likely. No matter how easy you make it to get improvements, you will get these and from then on get bored as you hardly can improve anymore.
Last edited by LSN on Mar 27, 2014, 9:49:41 AM
"
LSN wrote:
Will a SFL make the game better at all?
I argue that it wont!

This is the perfect example of a SFL deceived player. A SFL wont change anything about you grinding endlessly for little reward. Even with increased droprates you will reach a certain level of gear that you can hardly improve at all with finding and crafting.

It seems you missed - on purpose ? - the important points, so I'll expose them once again in an even simpler way:

SFL:

- everyone deserves his/her stuff
- no one gets fat thanks to another one's work
- you play ARPG, not Trade-Sim
- no RMT, no wallet warriors, no crooks.

Got it ?
"
LSN wrote:
This argument in fact is the most solid. Ppl just dont understand simple mechanics thats all.

or everything drops quite often and therefore everyone gets everything quite quickly (=D3).

In both cases there will be an equilibrium point and when you reach this nothing that can drop or easily be crafted will ever increase you.

The point is that it's okay if people reach that equilibrium -- they can simply make new characters because the game offers so much variety anyway.
"
ephetat wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

In both cases there will be an equilibrium point and when you reach this nothing that can drop or easily be crafted will ever increase you.

The point is that it's okay if people reach that equilibrium -- they can simply make new characters because the game offers so much variety anyway.

So I knew it. This all is about everybody having shavs, kaoms, soultaker and whatever else after couple of weeks or months.

For what reason would Mordron then grind if he has everything that is reachable already? Same logic applies as to normal leagues. Its getting a stupid grind.
Last edited by LSN on Mar 27, 2014, 9:52:41 AM
"
LSN wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

So I knew it. This all is about everybody having shavs, kaoms, soultaker and whatever else after couple of weeks or months.

Dude, calm down. I don't even care if a SFL is implemented or not, nor am I saying that characters should be maxed in one week or whatever. I'm just saying that "people will get bored" is a weak argument to make when the game advertises character variety and rerolling as key features.
But rerolling and build diversity is something you have already now. I don't see the point of a SFL then at all!?

Mordon himself said he got bored of stupid grinding without getting anything. What will he do in a SFL then once he has most reachable stuff? Stupid grinding without getting anything besides a little xp.

Either droprates stay the same and you guys wont be happy or the more droprates get increased the quicker you have done anything that the game has to offer and turn your back towards it.

Either way ...

Btw this is not me saying or claiming things. Its simple mathematics behind all this. There is no perfect dropsystem that allows perfectly adjusted droprates so that you can find your improvement that makes you keep playing in equal distances. Anyway who would want a made droprate by the game that would give you fake progress just in order to make you stick?
Last edited by LSN on Mar 27, 2014, 10:04:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info