Whitelist suggestion

"
1. You'd get rid of all the inactive people. Instead you'd get only the ones that really are interested in playing. With the random clock, anyone can get in.
I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in another thread:

"GGG said a very long time ago that the only requirement for beta access was a registered account. Asking (or demanding, as some do) that they go back on their word and change that is asking them to be unethical for your own pleasure."

They have also stated that the majority of invites are being used, and that inactive people are becoming more active on the forum after receiving invites. I am one of these people. You've been waiting 4 days; some people have been waiting a year and they're not complaining about it as much. If you have a look you'll see that the majority of complaint threads are from people who registered after the beta started. Seems pretty inconsiderate to me. So does attacking someone for less-than-perfect English on a forum filled with people from around the world.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Number A) All you need to do to register your interest in playing the beta is create an account. You are not required to visit. You are not required to post in the forums. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

Each 'passive' account was created because someone found Path of Exile and liked the look of it enough to register. 'Passive' or 'inactive' accounts are just as valid beta recipients as 'active' accounts.

Secondly, someone has already had this idea.
But right now it's not really about playing for pleasure, is it? They want beta TESTERS.
Yes, and they're inviting testers at a rate they're happy with, and tweaking that rate to keep themselves happy with it. If an unexpectedly high number of invites weren't being used, they would compensate by inviting at a higher rate, or through other means.

Also, no one can say they want to get into the beta as a pure gesture of voluntary kindness to help test the game. We all want to play, and that's the bottom line. You're not asking them to exclude others so you can test for them, you're asking so you can raise your chances to play the game sooner.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Yes, and they're inviting testers at a rate they're happy with, and tweaking that rate to keep themselves happy with it. If an unexpectedly high number of invites weren't being used, they would compensate by inviting at a higher rate, or through other means.

Also, no one can say they want to get into the beta as a pure gesture of voluntary kindness to help test the game. We all want to play, and that's the bottom line. You're not asking them to exclude others so you can test for them, you're asking so you can raise your chances to play the game sooner.
Pretty much this, good post Whiteboy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info