I think thats the better choise.
lol from the pirate ship? but dont worry i ate some oranges and now im ok
"
Muro wrote:
"
biloba wrote:
I'll wait until i get a key.

I think thats the better choise.

points to you two for being smart. for the rest of you impatient fools, think of this. If the only thing stopping you from having full access to the game is a beta key, Then what do you think the hackers are gonna think? hmmmmmmmmmmm...

It dosnt help that getting the client like this is illegal and GGG can and should ban you from the game for putting the games security at risk.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

I require a link or quote or any information spoken that having the client without beta access is illegal.

Why should they ban me when I downloaded it directly from them, and updated it directly from them?

... and last, how is this putting its security at risk?
"
sherkas wrote:
I require a link or quote or any information spoken that having the client without beta access is illegal.

Why should they ban me when I downloaded it directly from them, and updated it directly from them?

... and last, how is this putting its security at risk?

part one... I dont know of any source that says its ILLEGAL, but it's safe to assume the devs would be mad about there client being sent around wily nily.

your second statement correlates with the 3rd part, THAT is the risk that's put up. The update is done from there servers. ANY skilled hacker has just been given an early Christmas now because he has been given a direct link to the PoE servers. Ponder that for a moment, will you? I know this is a risk with any game, but if GGG gets hacked some how... I don't want to think of it.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

There is no difference between now (beta) and retail for hackers.

I assume you mean something along the lines of the game being unprotected now until retail so its easier for hackers to modify/cheat/whatever. I assume thats where your coming from.

Look at diablo 2, most cheats were from retail, not beta. Look at starcraft. Most hacks/cheats where made in retail.

Look at shadowbane, it was hacked badly in retail.
World of warcraft, botted and cheated during retail.
Darkfall, mega hacked once retail.
APB, aimhacks released during retail.

Beta is a little less protected yes but once they go retail they change alot of code and enable alot of encryption that disables cheats and previous hacks. There is no more risk during beta then retail besides the fact they are given the time to develop them now as oppose to retail. Infact many games find cheaters during beta and fix them and ban them before it goes retail which helps the game.

Would you rather the game be hacked and cheated during beta where nothing is kept and then fixed for retail?

Or

Have a clean beta then let the cheaters/hackers exploit all they can when its retail where everything is kept and the economy is forever messed up?

Also blame GGG for it... they gave out digital copies of the game already. Im sure those game copies are all in the right hands.

Last edited by sherkas on Sep 21, 2011, 9:33:43 PM
"
sherkas wrote:
Spoiler
There is no difference between now (beta) and retail for hackers.

I assume you mean something along the lines of the game being unprotected now until retail so its easier for hackers to modify/cheat/whatever. I assume thats where your coming from.

Look at diablo 2, most cheats were from retail, not beta. Look at starcraft. Most hacks/cheats where made in retail.

Look at shadowbane, it was hacked badly in retail.
World of warcraft, botted and cheated during retail.
Darkfall, mega hacked once retail.
APB, aimhacks released during retail.

Beta is a little less protected yes but once they go retail they change alot of code and enable alot of encryption that disables cheats and previous hacks. There is no more risk during beta then retail besides the fact they are given the time to develop them now as oppose to retail. Infact many games find cheaters during beta and fix them and ban them before it goes retail which helps the game.

Would you rather the game be hacked and cheated during beta where nothing is kept and then fixed for retail?

Or

Have a clean beta then let the cheaters/hackers exploit all they can when its retail where everything is kept and the economy is forever messed up?

^ Sherkas has a very good point :P
none0ftheabove
Well... good points all around I suppose. No im not saying that the game is unprotected in the beta version btw. I'm just saying it is more vulnerable, and this is a critical stage of the game. either way, I rest my case. I suppose that im just upset that so many people would trust third party users so easily to meet there desires... (even if you still need to be keyed)

quote from Garr0t

My solution: I think we need to get beta keys and all play together ingame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info