Teaser Screenshot from new Unique Map

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The whole game is designed around trading, skipping challenge, minimising/removing resistance.

From A1N on, the design, the way, the norm, is WP ports, buy OP gear, Boss kill buys and rushes.

If you can't do it on your own, you can never be at the top of the ladder.

When's the last time #1 on a 1 week got rushed through bosses?
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
WShinikaru wrote:
"While this is within the rules of the competition as originally worded, we will try to avoid structuring competitions in this way in the future."

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Mistakes happen, but it's not as bad as long as we learn from them in the process.

Exactly, good to hear!

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Simple fix, lock everyone in the room once the fight starts, just like with bandits

Really good solution, I hope GGG take this into account.

"
KenshiD wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We'll be posting the schedule for Race Season Seven within the next couple of days. The season starts this coming weekend. Its signature race is an 85 minute fixed-seed race, which is very interesting now that there are Corrupted Secret Areas.

I hope it does not contain shrines!

Acceleration shrines would give an unfair advantage to those who find one.

This let me lose a little bit of faith in GGG. Do they really think a shit ton of added RNG makes a race more interesting? The last month's they brought us a bunch of recipes that lowered the RNG in races, which is a very good thing. Now they add new RNG with insanly OP shrines and possibly very OP corrupted areas? Please tell me that's an early april's fool. :/
"
TheuberClips wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
The whole game is designed around trading, skipping challenge, minimising/removing resistance.

From A1N on, the design, the way, the norm, is WP ports, buy OP gear, Boss kill buys and rushes.

If you can't do it on your own, you can never be at the top of the ladder.

When's the last time #1 on a 1 week got rushed through bosses?

Irrelevant, I'd probably agree, but for the fact we'd never know as nobody, ever, does anything in PoE unaided and is rewarded.
Casually casual.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
WShinikaru wrote:
"While this is within the rules of the competition as originally worded, we will try to avoid structuring competitions in this way in the future."

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Mistakes happen, but it's not as bad as long as we learn from them in the process.
there has been abuse and flaws in every GGG's contests, they dont seem to learn, or dont want

so much hate , always .

Stop taking out your hate on other people and you will grow to love yourself aswell friend
Please make the mr. Fairgraves cult!
As much as buying kills lessens achievement and makes bragging rights hollow how do you determine what level of assistance counts? IS buying a full set of ubber gear any less of an assist than having another player kill the boss. Is being in a party to get through acts not getting an even larger assist than an assist in one fight. It is simply impossible to draw a line in the grey between fully self found, solo and unassisted and an assisted kill.
"
SinPhil wrote:
As much as buying kills lessens achievement and makes bragging rights hollow how do you determine what level of assistance counts? 1)IS buying a full set of ubber gear any less of an assist than having another player kill the boss. 2)Is being in a party to get through acts not getting an even larger assist than an assist in one fight. 3)It is simply impossible to draw a line in the grey between fully self found, solo and unassisted and an assisted kill.

1) Yes

2) No

3) No

People with 'uber-gear' can still die at the boss fight.
Groups can still die at the boss fight.

Getting the Boss kill without any risk of dying is the problem in this particular case.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Mar 25, 2014, 4:40:58 AM
All Vaal gems is crap ;P good idea make vaal normal use and if im get souls can use extra efect
but if no have souls im can use normal skill is better idea.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Simple fix, lock everyone in the room once the fight starts, just like with bandits

well with the bandits if you die you need to start over. so i guess you think first ambush kill was cheating too? because he died 3 times (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/831603/page/2)
Last edited by Nigirsu on Mar 25, 2014, 4:42:34 AM
"
TRV wrote:
So the next whatever comes after these atziri mtx race thing are basically going to have to be solo.

If you trade at all should you not be allowed to win? How about you have to find every piece of gear youre using, all the orbs you used on it, all of it had to be dropped directly for you.

If you dont pull your weight in a party do you not get the MTX?

These whiners are annoying as fuck. Even if I were 51st to get the kill I would still say if you didnt spend so much time bitching here you could have done it.
I think everyone agrees that trading for items to better your character is a fine method of preparing for difficult content, but paying to have a superior player do the work for you, without you getting appropriate gear or practicing appropriate strategies for the fight is just straight up dumb.

Paying someone to do the work for you, significantly devalues the work that the following types of players were putting in to the game:

Self Found Loot players
Players sharing items amongst personal friends
Players trading for gear

The chances of these types of players being able to earn a position in the competition was extremely slim because of Pay To Win.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 25, 2014, 4:46:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info