Why cant you guys just give away a large amount of keys on the forums?

Or on

www.mmorpg.com
www.mmosite.com
www.onrpg.com

Or all the other public sites instead of using this random system that invites inactives, i think if you guys gave away about 1000 keys on eac of these sites including your own, it would get more people and a lot of active members would actually test the game instead of a lot of unclaimed keys being sent out.

I tried to petition mmorpg to add a forum there for you guys but of course i cant, but you guys should, that community would drawa lot more deserved attention towards this game.
Last edited by deserttfoxx on Sep 21, 2011, 7:41:20 PM
Yeah, im not sure why they're not doing that, would make much more publicity for the game.
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
Good idea... but it's getting better with ppl getting keys. it's looking good.
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K @ 3,4 GHz
Nvidia GTX570
120Go SSD HD
2To HD
16GB RAM Corsair Vengeace(4x4GB)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
They have their reasons and im sure they know what they want/doing.

so maybe that isnt the best idea for them the reason they haven't done it yet.

As biloba said it's getting better with keys just be patient.
Last edited by razell2 on Sep 21, 2011, 7:53:13 PM
Amen
Two reasons why,

1. its easier to manage info coming in from 500 people, then it is coming from 5000 people.

2. its cheaper for them, there not making any money off of this beta and it will take more money for them to support 5000 people playing the beta at once then it would be 500 people on the server. server stress is also a part of this too.

"Look at it this way: The longer it takes before you get your key or the game goes to open beta, the better the game will be when you finally get to play!"

quote from Garr0t

Last edited by jamesthing on Sep 21, 2011, 8:45:51 PM
Server stress is usually open beta. with something like 125,000 forum accounts, 5000 is a drop in the bucket.

but +1 to the input part.

75% of the key that are being given are for inactive players, like some who joined in January and never came in again... this is really sad
Question - how long have they had this random invite clock?
"
Question - how long have they had this random invite clock?
Since the beta began (10 August?), although the intervals and number of invites per interval have changed a few times.

"
Aresius wrote:
75% of the key that are being given are for inactive players...
75%? I read elsewhere it was 95%, another guy said it was 80%, and I'm sure I've also seen 50%. Point: people need to stop pulling numbers out of their asses, because they don't know how many invites are going to inactive people. Even if they did know, GGG has already said (more than once) that the majority of invites are being used.

GGG said a very long time ago that the only requirement for beta access was a registered account. Asking (or demanding, as some do) that they go back on their word and change that is asking them to be unethical for your own pleasure.

As for handing out keys, they have held small give-aways, and beta members have also been giving out friend invites on the forum. As jamesthing said, having a huge influx of players creates a feedback nightmare that GGG wouldn't be able to handle appropriately with their small team, since they want to be able to deal with every piece of feedback they get from testers.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Sep 21, 2011, 10:41:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info