[Please Help] Lightning Witch

First off, Hello. My name is Aaron and I'm Requesting Assistance on my Lightning Witch. Currently, I am level 56.
Defense
Maximum Energy Shield: 1318
Energy Shield Recharge Per Second: 439.3
Energy Shield Delay Recovery Increase: 20%
Fire Resistance: 75% (113%)
Cold Resistance: 75% (114%)
Lightning Resistance: 75% (93%)
Chaos Resistance: -60% (-60%)
Chance To Block Attacks: 26%
Block And Stun Recovery Increase: 25%
Mana Regeneration Per Second: 24.3
Run Speed Increase: 13%

Offence
Arc Damage (Main Spell): 1697.8
Vaal Arc: 893.6
Lightning Trap: 571.6
Lightning Warp: 910.3
Spell Totem Arc: 506.4
Other Spells:
Conductivity
Tempest Shield

Items

Notes/Things I'm probably going to be asked
No, this is not a crit arc build. I am focusing on Haste Speed, Spell Damage, and Ele/Light Damage. I am dying really easily, I'm way too squishy for my taste. I'm thinking about adding temporal chains to my build, or many specing out of some resistances.

Last edited by AaronStorms on Mar 24, 2014, 12:00:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Sorry, this isn't a reply to your question, but a question of my own. I am very new to the game, and I show a -6 Chaos Resist...I see you have -60. How do you get a "minus" in that resist? Also, I read that Chaos damage bypasses your Energy Shield, so wouldn't that cause you to die fairly fast? Thanks.
Energy Shield can't replace life until you have several thousands points worth of the stuff. Otherwise you still need every life% node on your backbone just like everyone else. Also advise points into Shock on Hit, as this is kind of like a cheap replacement for crit damage against trash mobs. ALSO, 20% mana regeneration is about 5 times more powerful than 8% mana.

Something more like this would make things easier. Followed by Athleticism, then Shaper, then the scion or shadow life%.

Later on if you want to go all-out on damage, staves provide +gem level alongside links - for noncrit they maximize damage. Though for crit guys daggers are much easier to make into something decent (since they have a massive overpowered intrinsic bonus, like the equal of +100 life or +60% spell damage, and don't require links or a bunch of damage affixes. A near-maxed out offense stave requires four or more specfic affixes to roll on the blasted thing. At least the ilvl for +2 levels is low enough you can feed Alchemy Orbs into trash searching for it).

Last edited by LimitedRooster on Mar 28, 2014, 11:32:20 AM
My version for a arc witch is to go to the shadow tree and focus on life and energy shield cooldown recovery and much evasion. And a rather high mana regen to have a high level of artic shield. I would recommend that you run Grace and Clarity.

And here is my passive skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAB2MI9A5IES8RUBGWE54c3B3ZHoEmlSepLUcxiDgbO-FDVEcGSVFLjU-_UEJVS1crYeJtGW17c1N1inkDfll_xofbiGuLeow2j_qRz5maoqOkkacrp1y297vWwFTBxcHzwuzDbdQF2-ffsOL344TkEetj7Bjxdv8c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info