CPU and GPU temp

Today i download RealTemp to check my cpu and gpu temperatures and the numbers i got i think is a bit high. My cpu was on average at 75c with a max 83c but the real problem was my graphic card. After a while playing poe the temp was at 95c using 72% fan speed.

I got an AMD Randeon HD 5670

Share your opinions
You need to adjust something in the fan setting on your GPU, it should be running at close to max fan speed under load (while in game). Even then, my ATI card runs "hot" at around 75 C (Radeon HD4850) but I hear that is normal for the card under load, while my mildly OC'd Core2Duo CPU never goes over about 58 C under heavy load (40 - 44 C when idle).

Make sure the inside of your case is a clutter free as you can make it, and provide good airflow all the way around it. If you don't have both an intake and an exhaust fan (many cases only have exhaust fans on the back), then you may want to see if you case will accept another fan and install it properly.

There's something going on with your rigs cooling or overclocking causing it to run hot.

This game USED to run extremely hot and would push my i5 3570k up to 75 degrees, but they fixed it with updaates that lowered it down to 60. Now with watercooling it doesn't get much higher than 40.

Your graphics card also may have a ton of dust in it. To be fair though the 5670 is not the greatest card, i used to have two. My r9 280x also doesn't go beyond 45c using the stock cooler.

Your 5670 is getting a ton of load on it (even vindictus was pushing the 5670, and path of exile is not even remotely close to as well optimized), so it's going to be running pretty hot regardless unless you get a water block (which is pointless on a 5670 when you could just upgrade the card).
Last edited by Xendran on Mar 21, 2014, 4:20:32 PM
I've got some pork slow cooking on my gpu. That's not a problem, is it?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
I've got some pork slow cooking on my gpu. That's not a problem, is it?

If you have a pan in between the pork and the GPU, this would work as a (very poor) heatsink.
So yeah, you should be good to go.
One of my fans is pretty much broken (Radeon 7970 here) and that only after 5 months of use. And I wanted to play Wildstar Beta now. And it's too late to go outside (almost 3 AM here). I'm mad.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Be glad you didn't get the Twin Frozr 280x.
I mean I'm glad i got it becuase its crazy powerful for the $300 i paid, but holy fuck those fans are trash.
I got lucky and got one of the ones with fans that dont malfunction or leak oil, but holy fuck are they still absolutely garbage quality. I mean they do a great job at cooling, but they are cheap as fuck and one of the blades has broken off. The blades feel like paper compared to the fan that was on my EVGA GTX 570.
Clean up your fans and heatsinks, apply new thermal paste. If desktop try water cooling system, something like Corsair H70 or better.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info