First to come

Hey whassup guys, just wondering if you are gonna do like a freakin lot of people and devote yourslef to the first beta that will come in your hands, between Path Of Exile and Diablo 3?

If an admin see's this, I'm wondering how are ggg member reacting to the fact that a game of about the same type as POE (diablo) is coming out at the same time?

Being a developper, I would freak out to this new... O.o

Anyway, will try both of them of course! And will play the most atractive for me :D!

From my point of view, the graphics of diablo 3 looks better than POE but on the other hand POE's got some serious nice character, and I can't wait to see the story! And even if POE is free, it's still one of the best free games i've seen in my life.

I hope you guys will push the border of free to play game and inspire future developper!

so yeah, general discution of what beta will you play and why?
This thread is relevant to my interests.
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?
I will play the first one that I get, and probably forget about the other unless the gameplay has serious issues.

That's just the way I am. :P
"
ClockCat wrote:
I will play the first one that I get

This.
I don't see GGG changing very much at all in response to what D3 is doing. Ideally though, they want to expose as many people as possible to the game before D3 becomes very public because you know the masses are going to flood that game and not bother trying this once they have their hands on it.
I changed my opinion slightly.

I'll probably buy Diablo 3 regardless. PoE is a tossup as I've never tried it, but if I'm playing Diablo 3 already I'm probably going to forget about it.

If PoE is genuinely more fun than Diablo 3, I might consider playing it. But then I'd have to convince friends to do so as well.

They are already looking at Diablo 3 and most of them aren't even aware of this game. For that alone I'll probably end up getting it to play with them.
Last edited by ClockCat on Sep 20, 2011, 10:44:42 PM
lol I thought this was a contest thread for a beta key :P
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
I've been a long time Diablo veteran since '03. I'm also a Video maker on Youtube trying to find the right path to tons of views and subscribers to eventually start making money off of what I love to do. I also like to give valuable feedback to help developers and I'm sure that all of us agree that we don't want D3 to be a flop, nor PoE (And I'm sure they wont)so either way, If I get a Beta Key to either, I'm defiantly going to be playing hours on end to help make both games successful and try to give back to the community :D
https://www.Twitch.tv/odyttv
"
Sacerrex wrote:
I'm sure that all of us agree that we don't want D3 to be a flop, nor PoE

D3 won't, simply because Blizzard is launching it. Everyone knows about Diablo 3.

PoE on the other hand, isn't very well known outside of some relatively small internet circles. Diablo 3 will have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players simply by being a Blizzard game. Not to mention they will undoubtedly offer cross promotions between games, like they did with WoW and SC2 already.

PoE doesn't even have 20,000 accounts made.

No matter how good PoE is, it is going to be a tiny spec in the shadow of Diablo 3 in terms of playerbase size. Even if it is free. Even if Diablo 3 isn't as good in comparison. It is known, and people will be playing it. Most people, myself included, want to play with their friends.
I would play the diablo 3 beta over PoE.. only for a short while, I dont plan on playing it to death, the beta there is only a very limited part of the game, while here there is a huge part of the game open on the beta, after I would come back to this beta(I am patiently awaiting a key for either!).. I know somebody is gonna bribe me with a D3 beta key sooner or later

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info