Will this game work well with new Radeon Dual Graphics in laptops / integrated graphics cards

I have a new laptop with a A8 vision processor and a Dual graphics card called a radeon hd 6755G2 and i have noticed a few games are not very compatible with it (such as minecraft) even tho it is plenty powerful enough to play them on high setting and i just want to know if path of Exile will run good on this type of setup and i think it is very important to make a game accessible on all setups plz post your thoughts
AMD has this type of graphics setup for a pretty long time already, starting with desktop configurations (also involving the combination of a discrete GPU and an integrated GPU). This type of technology always face the problem of stuttering, since the setup uses both GPUs to render different frames. I imagine that's part of the reason why Minecraft isn't running too well.

I don't know about the A8 chips, but I do know that on its desktop counterparts (called Hybrid Crossfire), you can either boot into BIOS and disable it or disable it thru AMD Catalyst. Try and see if the option of disabling it is in Catalyst; you might get playable framerates on Minecraft again.

As for PoE, you never know til you try it. But do give the Dual Graphics option a try, because if it works well, it's another boost in performance that you're getting.
xeroslash - One-Hand/Shield Lightning Strike Templar
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/75285
ya i tried downloading the amd catalyst drivers and it wont work i download it and when i install right at the end it says i have the wrong graphics adapter and i'm like wtf i downloaded a thing that detects what drivers i need and now your telling me i dont have the right card..... so idk i cant get catalyst to work

p.s thanks for answering my post bro
"
shyftyx wrote:
AMD has this type of graphics setup for a pretty long time already, starting with desktop configurations (also involving the combination of a discrete GPU and an integrated GPU). This type of technology always face the problem of stuttering, since the setup uses both GPUs to render different frames. I imagine that's part of the reason why Minecraft isn't running too well.

I don't know about the A8 chips, but I do know that on its desktop counterparts (called Hybrid Crossfire), you can either boot into BIOS and disable it or disable it thru AMD Catalyst. Try and see if the option of disabling it is in Catalyst; you might get playable framerates on Minecraft again.

As for PoE, you never know til you try it. But do give the Dual Graphics option a try, because if it works well, it's another boost in performance that you're getting.

Unfortunately a lot of those options depend upon the motherboard manufacturer and most laptops have those options locked in the bios. To OP, Also make sure you are getting the full pack the Catalyst Control Center. Also I don't know what motherboard you may have in your laptop but I know a lot of MSI branded ATI GPU's are not so great.

Anyway I suggest going to the Device Manager and checking what is listed in "Display Adapter" normally if you do not have your drivers properly in place it would register the display as a Standard VGA or what have you.

Start > (Search) Device Manager > Display Adapter

I would get the most up to date drivers http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/dual-graphics/pages/dual-graphics.aspx
But sometimes if they don't seem to function right diffidently try the cd it came with.

EDIT: And if you are 100% you chose the correct drivers and you did see that Standard VGA was what was being registered in device manager you may be dealing with a pretty big problem where either the card or the chipset is malfunctioning, happened on one of my desktop graphic card products.
Last edited by skarrj57 on Sep 24, 2011, 6:41:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info