What amount of Life Leech, Regen, and overall HP qualifies to safely take BM?

Just wondering, as the build I'm working on has BM, but I'm not there yet. I'd like to know what's the good amount of HP regen & leech to have so I can take BM and not bury myself.

My Build - I'm currently working towards BM now, I'm currently at the point just below Lava Lash, and I intend to take Blood Drinker. I plan to head straight down from Blood Drinker to the 2 12% life nodes, then curl around and pass BM (if I have to) on the way to the Life Circle just north of Armor Master...as I plan on getting all those too. I also plan on getting the small life Circle, as well as "Discipline and Training" nodes just west of the Templar starting spot...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAe4whAsbYWGNQUIzP9khfP1RJ51LvDrnd8i9E56gYajvUjxkuJ-2sqnKpfNlR5rQvQT_E9j0PJIsZ6d7B5K3AGpBVp4QaONlhVw3SIZ7NpzA=

I'm level 37, just about done with A3 Normal, and at about 900 HP now. If you need more stats, I can supply them.

Thanks in advance, guys!!
Last edited by Faction3 on Jan 30, 2013, 3:46:49 AM
You could think of taking the templar 1% regen node before taking BM.

Since you have taken many damage nodes before life% and life regen nodes I wonder if BM will take too much health if not compensated with life on hit support gem ?
"
RocketRandom wrote:
You could think of taking the templar 1% regen node before taking BM.

Since you have taken many damage nodes before life% and life regen nodes I wonder if BM will take too much health if not compensated with life on hit support gem ?

I actually have 2 of those Life on Hit Support Gems already. One attached to my Sweep & Ground Slam, another to my Infernal Blow.
Last edited by Faction3 on Jan 30, 2013, 4:14:11 AM
Well you could grab BM then. From what I read in this forums most ppl get it early.
If you feel you are losing too much life you can always respec it out and grab some more %health and %healthregen and get BM back again after ( its just 1 respec point of the many that you get from quest rewards)

I am lvl 36 right now also at end of act3 normal. I have unlocked tree till BM but been avoiding putting point in there till its absolutely necessary. I am relying on frequent use of mana flask for normal difficulty atleast.
"
RocketRandom wrote:
Well you could grab BM then. From what I read in this forums most ppl get it early.
If you feel you are losing too much life you can always respec it out and grab some more %health and %healthregen and get BM back again after ( its just 1 respec point of the many that you get from quest rewards)

I am lvl 36 right now also at end of act3 normal. I have unlocked tree till BM but been avoiding putting point in there till its absolutely necessary. I am relying on frequent use of mana flask for normal difficulty atleast.

Thats actually smart. If it starts getting too much of a goddamn issue, I can just blow a quest-given refund point and pull out of BM (It's only one point)...

Thanks champ! Appreciate the info!!
I'll qoute my own post from How to Build The "Tankiest"

"
chezzz wrote:
"
Shoukon wrote:
What skill are you guys using with blood magic? I'm having big problems using blood magic with any skill because I'm just draining myself hardcore and that sucks when tanking stuff past normal.

I'm using the skill instead of gems. Therefore all my skills are used with BM. It's working fine with my small level 31 which has slightly above 700 life. No Idea how that will develop in my 2nd walkthrough of act 1

I do my damage with heavy strike and cleave while cleave is supported by 'life gain on hit' and some 'added fire damage' by now. I use that firedamage aura, too.
Besides some passive points in life and leech I use 'warlord's mark' pretty much.

That's working well by now - sometimes I need some additional flask support.
meeh
Well you don't need BM until your running out of mana, so wait till that starts happening and hopefully you have enough life/regen/leech to cover it's cost by then. Use mana potions, I'm lvl 48 and don't have it yet, maybe soon.
ign: DaEDaenarys
Hi guys, i have a question about "Blood Magic", didnt want to start new thread so i guess ask here.
Will Clarity-types skills lower HP usage for spells?
For examlpe: i have Blood Magic skill, skill that uses 10HP per cast and clarity effect of 10%. Will it lower HP drain by 1?
Also, will it reduce amount of reserved HP when activating auras?
Clarity is an aura grants mana regeneration. http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Clarity

I don't think you can use that with blood magic. ( Someone else can confirm this)

"Reduced mana cost"/"Reduced mana reservation" passive skills will reduce the "health used"/"heath reserved" while using "Blood Magic"
I just got BM at lvl 48, it works amazing. I have about 1.8k hp and 80 life per second. I don't even notice myself using HP for my skills since I regen it instantly, before I got BM I was running out of mana pretty fast since I have 3 support gems on my sweep causing it to use 35 mana each time.

Could probably of been safe getting it earlier but I wasn't sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info