Soooo......Unique strongboxes?

Quoting from the Sacrifice of the Vaal patch notes section on Ambush:

"Ambush: Various new types of chests called Strongboxes can be found throughout Wraeclast. These chests are guarded by monsters that ambush the player when they are opened. The ambushing monsters must be slain before the contents of the Strongbox can be claimed. Sometimes you'll encounter magic, rare or unique Strongboxes which have mods like items do. Prefixes affect the difficulty of the ambush by adding more monsters, springing traps or affecting your character. Suffixes improve your rewards from the Strongbox. You can use currency items to reroll these mods. One of the new challenges is to open Strongboxes with each mod."

Unique strongboxes are mentioned, but I have yet to see one or hear of anyone seeing them. The wiki has a description mentioning them, but it's basically the above quote word for word, and has no other details. Google search had nothing of note either.

Has ANYONE found one yet? Do you have a screenshot? Or is this something that is going to be added later like Vaal Summon Skeletons (off topic, but that is awesome)?
Only on corrupted maps you will see unique strong boxes... i think.... :>
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I alted myself to an unique strongbox in Merc/Docks. Basically what I do now is to always carry stacks of common currency and mod the white/blue boxes until they look interesting.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 19, 2014, 4:46:54 PM
"
Spysong192 wrote:

I didn't ask for baseless speculation on unlikely possibilities with zero reasoning or evidence to back them up ><

If I wanted that, I would go read some more of the Atziri Fragment thread.
"
Dkodr wrote:
I alted myself to an unique strongbox in Merc/Docks.

I am guessing you are referring to the "of singularity" suffix that guarantees a unique drop, which is not the topic of this thread. I have encountered that suffix twice myself.

I am asking if anyone has found a strongbox with the rarity of unique, like the quoted patch notes reference. In comparison, the rarity of the strongbox you are referring to was presumably Magic, as you alted it.
Yes, my bad there. A unique, brown, strongbox would be awesome, but I have never heard about or seen any of those.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
It's possible that they are just not in the game yet.

It's also possible that they are unbelievably rare

Regardless, it's too good of an idea to not implement so I am sure they are either there right now, or coming eventually. "Soon."
Maybe it meant the 'of singularity' mod that causes strongboxes to drop +1 unique item?
Well Unique Strongboxes give diamond-supporters plenty of room to kill of people :P

Since they could do something funny like spawning 3 random unique bosses in.

I don't think there is a reason to exclude unique-strongboxes, but I guess there aren't any yet.
"
Gulruon wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:

I didn't ask for baseless speculation on unlikely possibilities with zero reasoning or evidence to back them up ><

If I wanted that, I would go read some more of the Atziri Fragment thread.

Sad that you will only get that and don´t enjoy it. Perhaps you should have stayed there.. in that thread.. and waited for a true positiv. Sometimes the world sucks eh`?
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info