Oculus Rift Dev kit 2 is up for preorder! are you getting one?

As topic, the crystal cove prototypes are now up for order.

I insta preordered mine, I can't wait to see it in action.

Will be interesting to see PoE in true 3D, along with games like Mirror's Edge.

https://www.oculusvr.com
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Aren't they called dev kits for a reason?
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Agreement:
[ ] I understand this hardware is intended for developers and it is not a consumer product.

FAQ excerpt
Q: What is the Oculus Rift Development Kit 2, its features, and what does it come with?

A: The Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2) is a development kit meant for developers that want to create virtual reality content for the upcoming consumer version of the Oculus Rift.

New features:

- Positional Tracking

- Low Persistence OLED Display

- Built-In Latency Tester

What’s included:

- Headset

- 2 pairs of vision lenses

- External camera (for positional tracking)

- Camera USB cable

- HDMI-DVI adapter

- Sync cable

- Power cord with adapter and 3 international power adapters (UK, AU, EU) - (to power the USB located on the Rift)

For specific details, please visit the Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 product page located at http://www.oculus.com/dk2.

As for myself, $350 for the opportunity to experience motion sicknes in my computer chair is, while certainly a tempting prospect, something I'm going to have to pass on.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"

As for myself, $350 for the opportunity to experience motion sicknes in my computer chair is, while certainly a tempting prospect, something I'm going to have to pass on.

Really?

To the OP: I pre-ordered one, too. So pumped.
motion sickness is a product of your sensory system getting incorrect feedback or a lack of useful feedback from such equipment. Its pretty much eliminated on the crystal cove Dev kit from which this new version is based.

I understand what you mean though, if you aren't 100% sold on it, blowing $350 is a lot.

I'm studying game dev in my own time, so Its a bit of a double whammy for me in that I now have some hardware I can toy with in unity for example.

@funky it looks so boss right? can't wait to play Eve:Starfighter or whatever that tech demo was called, apparantly they plan to release it as a production title in the future :)
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
"
conall88 wrote:
motion sickness is a product of your sensory system getting incorrect feedback or a lack of useful feedback from such equipment. Its pretty much eliminated on the crystal cove Dev kit from which this new version is based.

I understand what you mean though, if you aren't 100% sold on it, blowing $350 is a lot.

I'm studying game dev in my own time, so Its a bit of a double whammy for me in that I now have some hardware I can toy with in unity for example.

@funky it looks so boss right? can't wait to play Eve:Starfighter or whatever that tech demo was called, apparantly they plan to release it as a production title in the future :)

While you´re maybe able to circumvent 3d motion sickness (and even that isn´t possible in every case because you would need that the lense for each eye get in the correct position for every individual user) those systems will never overcome sickness triggered by the visual-balance-system where in lay man terms what you see is connected to your balance system. If you´re in a VR Rollercoaster and your brain get the information by your eyes that you´re in the loop uphead but your balance system in your ears don´t get the same information you will get sick.

No technology can overcome this and this is why pilots must train days and days to overcome this by routine.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info