[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Aduine wrote:
Wondering some stuff here, i see a lot of people take node in the tree that say things like "15% melee phys when you have fortify" or the bleeding sword node on melee. Do these work on Spectral throw ?

Anything that says "melee" doesn't work on spectral throw. However anything that says "projectile" does work.

If there is something tied to weapons, like "x chance for sword attacks to cause bleeding" it will work for both attacks and even leap slam.
"
hi, like your build very much. Got 6-link for my ST. I have big problems with solo targets which i cant damage with Double Strike safely (e.g. Canyon or Arena ranged bosses with their poison clouds) even with swapping LMP for slower projectiles. So what can i link to increase DPS?

P.S. 87 lvl, 5.5k hp, 466 pDPS weapon, all gems are still 19-ish, but 7-9 tier maps are pretty easy. Die only 1-2 times per day just because im new in this game of oneshots. Its my first character and im glad it so cheap but scales well with more currency u spend. Have only one question. How viable it's end-game? Atleast high-tier maps and maybe uber lab or even shaper?

Do you have any gear with flat physical damage on it? What's your tooltip dps for ST with golem, auras, blood rage/frenzy charges, and flasks up? And what is it just sitting in your hdieout with only golem and auras?

Also if you leap/fortify onto those bosses and you have some regen and leech you should be able to facetank them. How much life do you have?

Build is great for all content. I have not run Shaper, Guardians, or Uber Atziri yet but have done everything else.
"
Danaoshee wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Danaoshee wrote:
I might be blind looking at the spec, but where are endurance charges coming from for IC? I can't find anywhere...

Daresso's Defiance. Used to be a lot better before they nerfed enduring cry and labeled it a war cry, but it is what it is.

You don't have Daresso's listed in your current gear set, but you still have IC equipped? What's going on there?
Time to pick up a Daresso's for now I guess.

Well let me clarify:

The gear on my 92 from way back did not include Daresso's because enduring cry still worked with CwDT.

I still run IC but use increased duration and a curse.

Ideally you could toss blood Rage or your Vaal skill into a goood unset ring to keep more gen sockets open but it's not really necessary.

If you look at the last version I ran (crit staff from essence) I was running Daresso's.

You don't have Daresso's listed in your current gear set, but you still have IC equipped? What's going on there?
Time to pick up a Daresso's for now I guess.[/quote]

Well let me clarify:

The gear on my 92 from way back did not include Daresso's because enduring cry still worked with CwDT.

I still run IC but use increased duration and a curse.

Ideally you could toss blood Rage or your Vaal skill into a goood unset ring to keep more gen sockets open but it's not really necessary.

If you look at the last version I ran (crit staff from essence) I was running Daresso's.[/quote]

Ahah! Got it now, thank you. Now I just need to get up to level for Daresso's and I'll be set. And hopefully stop dying.
It's listed in the "other, more expensive options" since it used to cost a lot more. I just added a note to the main gear section.

IC has a base duration and with increased duration it is actually quite useful, especially since it goes off frequently. It also prevents annoying deaths from quick combo damage like killing packs of porcupines.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Do you have any gear with flat physical damage on it? What's your tooltip dps for ST with golem, auras, blood rage/frenzy charges, and flasks up? And what is it just sitting in your hdieout with only golem and auras?

Also if you leap/fortify onto those bosses and you have some regen and leech you should be able to facetank them. How much life do you have?

Build is great for all content. I have not run Shaper, Guardians, or Uber Atziri yet but have done everything else.

86k DS and 16k ST in ho (HoA, Hatred, Golem)
116k DS and 22.7k ST with blood rage and 4 charges
I did setup 6-link for ST with weapon elemental damage because i screwed up a little and bought 6-link chest with STR only base, so i couldnt roll 4 green sockets.

Also i forgot about fortify because im noob. T10-11 are pretty facetankable now.

I have flat damage on gloves (5-10) and ring(6-10) only because i got this parts before mapping and had pretty low budget.

After getting chest with nice hp roll and upgrade my alpha to good helmet i got 5700hp.

Still have 2 questions:
1. Which way should i upgrade my gear to start moving to high-tier maps?
2. Which gems have the most priority to get lvl 21 and 20% quality? Most of the my gems are 20 now. I sold with GCP all faster attack and physical proj attack damage, because it was easy to decide with wiki, but other ones are pretty hard to me, because im still noob
"
"
Say_Ten wrote:

86k DS and 16k ST in ho (HoA, Hatred, Golem)
116k DS and 22.7k ST with blood rage and 4 charges
I did setup 6-link for ST with weapon elemental damage because i screwed up a little and bought 6-link chest with STR only base, so i couldnt roll 4 green sockets.

Also i forgot about fortify because im noob. T10-11 are pretty facetankable now.

I have flat damage on gloves (5-10) and ring(6-10) only because i got this parts before mapping and had pretty low budget.

After getting chest with nice hp roll and upgrade my alpha to good helmet i got 5700hp.

Still have 2 questions:
1. Which way should i upgrade my gear to start moving to high-tier maps?
2. Which gems have the most priority to get lvl 21 and 20% quality? Most of the my gems are 20 now. I sold with GCP all faster attack and physical proj attack damage, because it was easy to decide with wiki, but other ones are pretty hard to me, because im still noob

That's pretty decent all around.

If you have your resists capped I would start saving for a better weapon.
so, i've tried this build,
so far, i like it (lvl 77 atm).
although i made some changes to fit my playstyle more.

Changes made
Spoiler
and added some axe nodes instead of the sword nodes.
this also let me pick up 2h nodes aswell as dual wield nodes.

+ i get the damage from a 2handed with the attack speed of a 1handed on my ST.
and ofcourse, instead of 3 from the LMP, i now get 4 because he throws 2 weapons at the same time. so it's a win win XD.

As for CDT, i've added phase run ontop of the immortal call, for some extra survivability.

I've also taken Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, and Hatred in my helmet.(mana regen gem is pointless once you have 0.8% of damage leeched as mana.)

only trouble i'm having atm is getting my hp past a certain point. life nodes are a bit too far out of my way, so i'm going to have to rely on heavy + hp gear.
think i might have to switch some damage nodes to hp nodes later on though, to make the build more endgame viable.

here's a link to my tree to see the changes i made (in case your interested, or want to point me in a better direction XD ) :

http://tinyurl.com/zhqx5mv
Last edited by HomelessBumm on Jan 25, 2017, 7:11:17 AM
"
HomelessBumm wrote:
so, i've tried this build,
so far, i like it (lvl 77 atm).
although i made some changes to fit my playstyle more.

Changes made
Spoiler
and added some axe nodes instead of the sword nodes.
this also let me pick up 2h nodes aswell as dual wield nodes.

+ i get the damage from a 2handed with the attack speed of a 1handed on my ST.
and ofcourse, instead of 3 from the LMP, i now get 4 because he throws 2 weapons at the same time. so it's a win win XD.

As for CDT, i've added phase run ontop of the immortal call, for some extra survivability.

I've also taken Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, and Hatred in my helmet.(mana regen gem is pointless once you have 0.8% of damage leeched as mana.)

only trouble i'm having atm is getting my hp past a certain point. life nodes are a bit too far out of my way, so i'm going to have to rely on heavy + hp gear.
think i might have to switch some damage nodes to hp nodes later on though, to make the build more endgame viable.

here's a link to my tree to see the changes i made (in case your interested, or want to point me in a better direction XD ) :

http://tinyurl.com/zhqx5mv

That's not bad in terms of convenience but WoE is only something like 280pdps I believe so even with the dual wielding attack speed boost you will be missing out on a lot of damage. What are your tooltip numbers?

How much life do you have? Can't see the tree on my phone but don't be afraid to ditch some more dps nodes for life nodes
Thoughts on Starforge and Iron Grip? I feel like the shock with proper enchant and range do better than Hatred/ASH/Fire Damage versus a Kondo's or other 400+ physical damage 5L. When enlighten gets up could do haste and grace?
On paper the damage is slightly less with Starforge buffed but feels so much faster, also IG isn't leveled really much yet.

Thoughts?

Also in your opinion can this do shaper and what is best sword?
Last edited by Hemeraser on Jan 29, 2017, 9:42:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info