[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
repodepomap3 wrote:
Will Hegemony's Era work if I want to go crit? Do you still need PCOC with Hege's 10% power charge on knock back?

Yes, if I didn't already state it, I am using Hegemony's. To benefit from that knockback charge generation, you actually need to knock enemies back, which is annoying. You'd have to use Lion's Roar 24/7 or spec into projectile knockback or via some other way. PCoC was the best solution for me.
Short update.

Now Lvl80, still a fun build. Had a hard time in maps because I couldn't find a decent weapon for quite some time. Also used an offensive curse but now switched to Enfeeble because it's just too squishy otherwise. Even Dried Lake was painful.

After a weapon upgrade from ~200phDPS to ~350 now the low level maps up to around Lvl5 are lots of fun, beside some nasty bosses. Still a lot of room for improvement damagewise and Life is also too low yet (3800 with taking every life node I could reach).

Also found a Daressos but couldn't 6-socket that sucker yet. After throwing 100 Jeweller Orbs at it I read that I should have added quality first.

Should be able to buy some gear for a lot of instant improvement, but short steps are a lot more fun in my opinion. Also can't upgrade some pieces because of dependencies. Found a good girdle but can't use it because I need the INT and the mana leech from the old one. So I need to find these upgrades in other slots first.

Will be trying to explore the Atlas as much as possible and then maybe start something else in the next League if I'm still interested in the game.
Looking for some help. Ive been leveling and it has been going smoothly, but I have somewhat hit a wall where I feel like I melt like a wet paper towel. This is my first character that I have leveled this far, any advice would be much appreciated. Edit: Im level 59, act 4 of cruel difficulty
Last edited by snowman41 on Nov 12, 2016, 10:10:29 PM
"
Realshaggy wrote:
Short update.

Now Lvl80, still a fun build. Had a hard time in maps because I couldn't find a decent weapon for quite some time. Also used an offensive curse but now switched to Enfeeble because it's just too squishy otherwise. Even Dried Lake was painful.

After a weapon upgrade from ~200phDPS to ~350 now the low level maps up to around Lvl5 are lots of fun, beside some nasty bosses. Still a lot of room for improvement damagewise and Life is also too low yet (3800 with taking every life node I could reach).

Also found a Daressos but couldn't 6-socket that sucker yet. After throwing 100 Jeweller Orbs at it I read that I should have added quality first.

Should be able to buy some gear for a lot of instant improvement, but short steps are a lot more fun in my opinion. Also can't upgrade some pieces because of dependencies. Found a good girdle but can't use it because I need the INT and the mana leech from the old one. So I need to find these upgrades in other slots first.

Will be trying to explore the Atlas as much as possible and then maybe start something else in the next League if I'm still interested in the game.

Nice! Yes, the micromanaging in this game can be frustrating in the end game but it is also rewarding. You definitely need a lot more life so that you can take a hit and just keep attacking. Also for a weapon, Doomsower is usually pretty cheap and something like 450 pdps.
"
snowman41 wrote:
Looking for some help. Ive been leveling and it has been going smoothly, but I have somewhat hit a wall where I feel like I melt like a wet paper towel. This is my first character that I have leveled this far, any advice would be much appreciated. Edit: Im level 59, act 4 of cruel difficulty

Your gear is definitely holding you back. Do you understand which mods you are looking for on gear and you just haven't gotten or found anything yet? Or do you need a better explanation? If you need me to sign on to assist or give you more info, let me know.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Your gear is definitely holding you back. Do you understand which mods you are looking for on gear and you just haven't gotten or found anything yet? Or do you need a better explanation? If you need me to sign on to assist or give you more info, let me know.

Ive been playing selffound, and since this is my first character in Essence League, I dont have currency stored to help make 4-5 link items. So, I've been prioritizing physical damage/max life/resists/evasion+armor, but I've been having trouble with upgrading items while maintaining 4links for my main skills.

I have ~7 chaos, should I be buying some decent gear off of Poe.trade, and if so what would I be looking for? I have never had to transition from just equipping the best stuff that drops.

Thanks a ton for any help!
"
snowman41 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Ive been playing selffound, and since this is my first character in Essence League, I dont have currency stored to help make 4-5 link items. So, I've been prioritizing physical damage/max life/resists/evasion+armor, but I've been having trouble with upgrading items while maintaining 4links for my main skills.

I have ~7 chaos, should I be buying some decent gear off of Poe.trade, and if so what would I be looking for? I have never had to transition from just equipping the best stuff that drops.

Thanks a ton for any help!

Let's find a time to play together. I will give you some free upgrades.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
Let's find a time to play together. I will give you some free upgrades.

Im on right now, my characters name is Souji. Thanks again.
Is this a good hardcore build?

how would you tweak your tree for more life nodes?

Thanks!
Generally I tell people that HC is a lot more about how intelligently and safely you can play. This build is not a glass cannon and has a ranged function in Spectral Throw, so, yes, you can roll a HC version.

Just remember that "good" and "viable" are subjective terms and I would encourage you to reference the above statement.

I would ditch some damage nodes and do something like this:

Last edited by Say_Ten on Nov 19, 2016, 7:24:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info