[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

love this build so much
"
MoxieB wrote:
love this build so much

thanks! glad you are enjoying it!
I have alpha howl and still cant run 3 auras why is that
"
Shadowice3 wrote:
I have alpha howl and still cant run 3 auras why is that

Sadly, ever since they ruined the Reduced Mana gem, we got screwed on that. What auras are you trying to run?

If you are hellbent on running 3 auras, find a Level 2+ Enlighten and link that to the 3 auras in the Alpha's.

Or...you could spec into some mana reservation nodes on the skill tree.

I prefer the first choice.
I'm running grace hatred and hoa got enlighten but not to lvl 2 yet working on it so much exp to get it there
also what would you suggest for helm enchant for ascendancy enchant
"
Shadowice3 wrote:
also what would you suggest for helm enchant for ascendancy enchant

Literally anything with a skill that the build uses. It's hard enough to get one that works for you to be picky.

That being said, I would focus more on the main skills, hatred and curse
which nodes would you take for the slayer ascendancy, thanks nice build
I have played this build for a week, reached level 84. It is very active and fun to play.
Firstly, I thought this build is a faceroll build, but is based on the kiting using the spectral throw.
I can clear normal and weak rare mobs with spectral throw quickly without double strike.
When I need to use double strike is for encountering rare or unique mobs that does not killed easily by spectral throw and also does not have very strong physical melee attacks(i.e. Colonnade, Orchard Boss, Crazy map unique bosses).
Defense structure of this build against physical damage only relies on armour rate, life leech, and maximum life. Struck by huge physical damage, armour rate is useless. And different from cyclone build which doesn't block also, this build uses double strike which makes difficult to evade strong attacks.
So when I encounter the boss which have strong melee physical attacks, I kite it with spectral throw for a long time(weak), or wait for the boss casting long delaying skills that I can hit and run, or just give up. This build cannot stand with strong attacks. So hit and run, evading is really essential. So It's fun. Small mistake will make my character instant death. Don't try to kill those crazy bosses. And take life nodes and items more than you've planned. Without that this build is excellent to play. Thanks for the guide.
ign:YeobaeK
Last edited by oraclea on Apr 8, 2016, 12:37:28 PM
"
dayvidlay wrote:
which nodes would you take for the slayer ascendancy, thanks nice build

hard to go wrong with any of them. endless hunger is interesting in that you might be able to keep some evasion and not go with iron reflexes. the splash damage from impact could have some utility in certain scenarios but probably isn't worth it.

i would probably go bane of legends and overwhelm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info