[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

I've decided to go with this build as all I have played is Ranged. So when started Scion I've picked up this build. Now I'm lvl 19 and still can't use Double Strike following your lvl 20 Passive Tree. I have just 25 DEX now, when Double Strike requires 31 DEX from me. Did I miss something?
"
AfroMetal wrote:
I've decided to go with this build as all I have played is Ranged. So when started Scion I've picked up this build. Now I'm lvl 19 and still can't use Double Strike following your lvl 20 Passive Tree. I have just 25 DEX now, when Double Strike requires 31 DEX from me. Did I miss something?

Find some gear with +DEX on it. Once you start making your way down to the Duelist area you'll be fine.

I find that in the beginning of the game I am using Spectral Throw a lot more anyway. You can also opt to use any up-close-and-personal skill until you level some more, such as Molten Strike.

Also, keep in mind that the leveling trees are examples...you can go "out of order" if it is to your benefit at any given time.
why dont you take RT?

and the dex node north of cloth and chain is useless
"
Foggydew wrote:
why dont you take RT?

and the dex node north of cloth and chain is useless

i don't take RT because i can generally keep my accuracy rating above 85% and the little bit of crit you get from swords and attacking very quickly does seem to help a bit, even though this isn't a "crit build".

you are totally correct about that dex node. i haven't played this character in about two months. i leveled a shadow to 93 and almost to 95 with a ranger and haven't revisited the scion yet.

also, just added a few thoughts about the upcoming ascendancy changes in the OP
leveling trees and main passive tree updated
good to see this build is still alive ;)
how about taking a shadow/assassin and go crit, should be crazy damage ^^
leveling trees and main passive tree updated

i am going to try to find a hegemony's this league and go crit staff and see what happens. might take me awhile and i may end up running another character before it happens.

i am happy to report, though, that this build still kicks ass with dogshit gear. one of its shining points.
food for thought:

On day 1 I found a Hrimnor's Hymn and used that, 2L, until I was level 44.

Then switched to a 4L Rigwald's Charge, which I used until i was level 64-66.

Then switched to a 4L Doomsower, which I am still using at level 77 and counting.

Also, my gear is complete dogshit but I have been able to run maps as high as tier 7 so far with no problem with this gear.
I really like this build play style, since i did scion ST back in the day.

Thanks for doing this and proving it's still doable. I dislike the crit version, so this is great for me!

Are you actively playing this league with it? Just curious, because I may have questions as I get into maps soon.

Actually, since I havent played since early 2014, I'm not sure which trainers I should go for initially, other than 100% Zana.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info