[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Setsuga wrote:
Mighty, can you show me your entire equipments, your actual tree [ and level ] and your actual life?
I'm lvl 80 with 37k double strike, 9.1k spectral throw, 3.2k life, a sword with 246-406 pdps , 3-43 edps, 1.43 attacks per second.
Feeling so weak and with no healthy at all.

your jewels are kind of weak. you could find upgrades for those.

5L that sword so you can use added fire damage with DS.

are you not using fortify? you should. its annoying to have to "re-cast" but its the difference between life and death a lot of times.

are you not using leap slam? you should. it's the best way for you to GTFO if things are too crazy.

once again, replace that moonstone ring with something that has life and phys damage if possible.

your gear isn't bad. send me a message in game when you are playing and lets see if we can't get you rippin.
i just want to say thank you for a fantastic guide. I only have about 70 hours in this game and this is the first guide i've decided to pick up and follow.

The passive tree (one of the more intimidating factors of this game if you're completely new) is very nicely explained at different progressions of the game.

I do have one question though. i'm currently in my 50's, things seem to be moving along well enough for the gear i've been able to get from drops. when do better gear options actually begin to fall? i'm apprehensive about when i should be using chromatics, fusings and jeweller items on gear - i would hate to waste things and only use them for 5-10 levels when it has taken me this long just to build up some kind of stock in these items. i'm using literally only drops thus far. i have a number of the gems required being leveled but unfortunately have only been able to link the key ones to the build having to leave out a lot of the "ooomph" due to poor linkings.

Being brand new i have little currency for use in trade - one of the main reasons this build attracted me in the first place. all other seemed to require quite some time playing in order to have already aquired the items or the means to get the items for specified builds.

All in all - level 50 and climbing. overall impressed with the presentation and newb friendly approach this build has.

Again, I thank you.
Last edited by oddSlane on Dec 28, 2015, 4:07:04 PM
Will this build work on the upcoming changes ?
"
oddSlane wrote:
i just want to say thank you for a fantastic guide. I only have about 70 hours in this game and this is the first guide i've decided to pick up and follow.

The passive tree (one of the more intimidating factors of this game if you're completely new) is very nicely explained at different progressions of the game.

I do have one question though. i'm currently in my 50's, things seem to be moving along well enough for the gear i've been able to get from drops. when do better gear options actually begin to fall? i'm apprehensive about when i should be using chromatics, fusings and jeweller items on gear - i would hate to waste things and only use them for 5-10 levels when it has taken me this long just to build up some kind of stock in these items. i'm using literally only drops thus far. i have a number of the gems required being leveled but unfortunately have only been able to link the key ones to the build having to leave out a lot of the "ooomph" due to poor linkings.

Being brand new i have little currency for use in trade - one of the main reasons this build attracted me in the first place. all other seemed to require quite some time playing in order to have already aquired the items or the means to get the items for specified builds.

All in all - level 50 and climbing. overall impressed with the presentation and newb friendly approach this build has.

Again, I thank you.

no problem...i try to keep it real (easy)!

i'm sure you read it, but i generally do not try to spend currency until i really feel like i'm stuck. if you are stuck and need to upgrade gear, you have two choices: buy it from someone via trading or mess with your own. in a new league, it takes a while to get enough currency to do either and feel comfortable. at level 50, i would probably just keep pushing and grind in some areas. the wall is usually hit in merciless difficulty (not sure if you're there yet).

can you link your gear for me to see? i can't see your character (its blocked on the forum) otherwise i would make some suggestions. otherwise, hit me up when you're playing and we can discuss more. i can probably even give you some gear.
"
wOnderzord wrote:
Will this build work on the upcoming changes ?

what are the upcoming changes? did i miss something?
just decided to 5L the daresso's defiance i had. ended up buying an a new set of gloves so i could keep my resists capped. here is my current gear, a little more optimized:

Spoiler

this is the first time i am experimenting with daresso's on this build and so far i am liking it. provided you can keep your resists capped, i am seeing all good things.

1) you get the 6% dodge chance. even though we have unwavering stance, the caveat about evading attacks only applies to evasion...not dodging.

2) compared with my old armor, i gained about 900 total armor/evasion, which netted me another 10% physical damage reduction against enemies my level (currently 88). that's pretty boss.

3) you can still have immortal call work. you can also just keep getting endurance charges as you kill stuff. this means you get prolonged immortal call length and the physical damage reduction from endurance charges while it's not going off.

4) more life leech. good. should post a video of how fast i am leeching back with minimal life leech investment.

5) onslaught is noticeable

666) compared with my old armor, i gave up +27 maximum life in stats, which ended up being about 60 total life. not bad considering #s 1-5

Magnum, how are you liking yours?

another note: I found a Rumi's Concoction flask this season, which goes for about 1-2ex. totally not necessary but the block buffs are nice. i haven't been running a quicksilver flask for awhile as that, to me, is just a convenience/get places faster flask. my run speed with frenzy charges is quick and i can leap slam around even quicker.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
can you link your gear for me to see? i can't see your character (its blocked on the forum) otherwise i would make some suggestions. otherwise, hit me up when you're playing and we can discuss more. i can probably even give you some gear.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecDlgUtGlUhYCmlMgkyfjWSNug6UjsoPC1AoEZxR35KyFBHWK9gQ2EhZU1nm2xGbj1uqnJsdO108XgNeHp674LkgwmDzITZhO-GYIdqiq-QEZ_LpzCpJ6luqZSuPrQMtfK3Pr02vqe-vMAaxq7YvdrB5FH-Cg==

here, that should let you see it. I'm not too familiar w/how to change those settings yet, i'll mess around w/it later.

i realize the builds you're posting are centered around 2h sword, but this axe dropped w/the best pdps i've come across yet and a 4L so i decided to use it over my last sword.

Let me know what you think, hopefully i'm not making too many unrecoverable mistakes.

I'm not quite to merciless yet, i just completed act 3 cruel, so i should be there (work permitting) tomorrow some time.

edit: didn't realize that the link was for skill tree only -
Spoiler
Last edited by oddSlane on Dec 29, 2015, 6:22:50 PM
"
oddSlane wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecDlgUtGlUhYCmlMgkyfjWSNug6UjsoPC1AoEZxR35KyFBHWK9gQ2EhZU1nm2xGbj1uqnJsdO108XgNeHp674LkgwmDzITZhO-GYIdqiq-QEZ_LpzCpJ6luqZSuPrQMtfK3Pr02vqe-vMAaxq7YvdrB5FH-Cg==

here, that should let you see it. I'm not too familiar w/how to change those settings yet, i'll mess around w/it later.

i realize the builds you're posting are centered around 2h sword, but this axe dropped w/the best pdps i've come across yet and a 4L so i decided to use it over my last sword.

Let me know what you think, hopefully i'm not making too many unrecoverable mistakes.

I'm not quite to merciless yet, i just completed act 3 cruel, so i should be there (work permitting) tomorrow some time.

edit: didn't realize that the link was for skill tree only -
Spoiler

in the guide, i do mention to use the highest physical damage per second weapon you can find...doesn't have to be a sword. an axe will work with this build too...you just have to end up spending and extra skill point or two to make it comparable...and skill points are invaluable. that being said, a very good weapon is invaluable, so you will have to make that choice. the gear you have isn't great, but again, you're only in cruel so i wouldn't worry much.

why did you take the 2 intelligence nodes beyond Harrier? to use certain gear or skills? you should find gear with intelligence on it so you don't have to waste skill points on that. then you can refund the skill points eventually and spend them on better things.

keep pushin!
just killed atziri in talisman

Have you ever tried to incorporate Steel Spirit Jewel?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Steel_Spirit

AND....

I have had no luck with weapons. Still looking for a decent Reaver Sword. Present is 169-250 physical with 4L. What can I do?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info