[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

EDIT: Updated to Lv.81 Screenshots:

Gear

I am now trying to work on getting a chest piece for better survivability but don't have the currency yet. Considering a 5L Daresso's Defiance for the endurance charges as I am currently relying on a wonky CWDT Warlord's Mark mechanic to generate them. I opted to go for a 5th frenzy charge btw (Hey, It's soft core).

Maybe after I sort out all my defenses I can think of upgrading my 436 DPS sword with a 500+ one (don't have the currency for that now either)

EDIT:lvld up :)
Last edited by MightyMagnum on Dec 25, 2015, 3:58:04 AM
Dude, I'm using a 2handed sword with p damage: 168-346 and ele damage: 62-117 attacks per second:1.45
With my 4linked spectral throw-faster attacks-lesser multiple-physical projectiile dam and i'm with 4.6k dps. What to do? what's wrong?

Edit;

Can you post your lvl 70 tree pls?
Last edited by Setsuga on Dec 23, 2015, 4:15:26 AM
"
Setsuga wrote:
Dude, I'm using a 2handed sword with p damage: 168-346 and ele damage: 62-117 attacks per second:1.45
With my 4linked spectral throw-faster attacks-lesser multiple-physical projectiile dam and i'm with 4.6k dps. What to do? what's wrong?

Hey man, for starters you have a 4L ST and I use a 5L one. I think Double Strike does more than enough dmg in a 4L for me. An easy addition would also be a rustic sash base belt for the Increased Phys Damage. Your sword has 385pDPS which is what the build mostly scales off of and the 129eDPS is not as important in a sense.

You also seem to have spent a lot of nodes in the duelist area on just raw dex? (I am guessing you were feeling short on dex but the number of nodes spent on some is way too high as you are now missing out on more DPS nodes).

All in all I think fixing your tree and making up for dex with gear, moving your spectral throw into a 5L and perhaps getting at least a 4th frenzy charge will help. (this is assuming you already use blood rage - This should be possible without degen once you put that 1 node into "Warrior's Blood")

Hope this helps.. Sorry I know I am not the OP
Last edited by MightyMagnum on Dec 23, 2015, 4:16:07 AM
"
MightyMagnum wrote:
Hey man, Just hit lvl72 in Talisman and I am loving the build so far! DPS is looking good (took a screenshot):

Gear

I am now trying to work on getting a chest piece for better survivability but don't have the currency yet. Considering a 5L Daresso's Defiance for the endurance charges as I am currently relying on a wonky CWDT Warlord's Mark mechanic to generate them. I opted to go for a 5th frenzy charge btw (Hey, It's soft core).

Maybe after I sort out all my defenses I can think of upgrading my 436 DPS sword with a 500+ one (don't have the currency for that now either)

EDIT:lvld up :)

nice work!

not that you have to follow my build exactly, but here are some pointers:

1) you might even want to try to 5L the sword depending on how expensive weapons are. you can also mess around with moving DS into the 5L position for a bit and see if you like it better. i usually choose to 5L DS first and then work on getting ST 5L.

2) a friend of mine wanted me to try CDWT and Warlord's Mark and I will eventually, but since my tree is already aggressively offense-based, I like using enfeeble since it is a flat damage reduction across the board (like endurance charges...but endurance charges burn if you are using immortal call).

3) yes, don't get too greedy too fast on the weapon. but the weapon on my standard character is really nice (over 600pdps) and that's what drives the damage sky high
"
Setsuga wrote:

Edit;

Can you post your lvl 70 tree pls?

Hey man. There are sample leveling trees at the bottom of the first post. If they aren't working or you need a different example, let me know.

The damage of spectral throw always appears low but the 4600 dps tooltip refers to one of the 3 spectral weapons hitting one time. since ST hits multiple times, 4600 is actually pretty good.

What Magnum said about weapon damage is correct. The physical damage on the weapon is that part that will drive the rest of the damage up. So focus on physical damage first. In this build, I use things like Hatred (aura), Herald of Ash (herald) and added fire damage (support gem) because these take your already high physical damage and add a percentage of that as elemental damage. They scale due to this percentage.

I know he also made some suggestions but without keeping a million tabs open, here are mine:

1) weapon is actually decent. at a minimum, i would 4L it (or even try for 5L) and then 20% quality it. you're already missing out on 20% more damage due to lack of whetstones =D

2) if you don't mind re-coloring your ST setup, I believe added fire damage will give you more damage than physical projectile attack damage

3) the moonstone ring sucks for this build...you can find something better cheaply or i can even give you something. for rings/amulets, try to get phys damage, life and the resists you need

4) you could scour/alch or chaos your armor to get better mods on it

5) i see you went for the extra dex to use the new unique jewel. i just got that but didn't think it would be worth modding the tree to use. i don't think it's going to be that powerful to be honest. the only reason it would be helpful is kiting single target i guess. with DS set up properly you can rape whatever that target is in 2 seconds. but if you think it's working well, let me know. otherwise you have 9 points you can dump somewhere else.
The nodes of damage that i'm going to get will increase phys dam in 70% and attack speed in 16%.
You think that only this and added fire damage will make my spectral throw Góes to 10k+ dps? And what u have done to increase it from 11 to 14k?
Sorry for só many noob questions
"
Setsuga wrote:
The nodes of damage that i'm going to get will increase phys dam in 70% and attack speed in 16%.
You think that only this and added fire damage will make my spectral throw Góes to 10k+ dps? And what u have done to increase it from 11 to 14k?

My DPS increase just came from picking up more nodes in the Sword cluster on the left (finished it now and have also gotten a few not so great jewels)

Just managed to 5L my Daresso's after 37 fus :)

Will drop Warlord's Mark for something else now
Last edited by MightyMagnum on Dec 23, 2015, 6:33:11 PM
"
Setsuga wrote:

Check out my current tree.

I was using an axe up until this morning when my friend crafted IAS onto a 5L reaver sword I rolled decently. Because of this, I took a lot of life nodes in the meantime...so right now with ZERO sword-specific nodes (aside from the few sword/axe combo nodes) Spectral Throw tooltip DPS is 10k without frenzy charges or other buffs. This is with the 5L setup and lvl ~19 gems. Can't remember what DS is, but I believe it's in the 50k range without charges.

With good jewels and sword nodes you can jack that up a lot. If you're lucky, you can get your hands on a ridiculous weapon too.

Here is my current gear for reference:

Spoiler

I will slowly start trying to find upgrades for maximum life. I am running 4k life right now with this gear and tree linked above.
"
MightyMagnum wrote:

Just managed to 5L my Daresso's after 37 fus :)

Will drop Warlord's Mark for something else now

on the cheap! don't forget to q20 that...
Last edited by Say_Ten on Dec 24, 2015, 8:02:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info