Dear Devs: consider corrupted areas on maps

I see a lot of guys farming lower zones for corrupted areas. I also see many people farming Sarn (which is apparently the best choice with the highest chance of getting all the frags in a more timely fashion). I've been farming Lunaris (2nd and 3rd levels) and rarely there's even one right by the waypoint. You can also farm Sceptre and find corrupted areas on the level right below Dominus. Of course, you can find them in many other zones, but I think these are the better zones to farm while looking for corrupted areas, anyway.

Ultimately, the issue here is that we are bound to farming pre-mapping zones. We should be able to roll a mod on maps: "Has corrupted area." Or we should be able to place two apex frags (this would allow us to make good use of the more commonly seen frags) in the map receptacle with any map and get a corrupted area. This would be much better than just getting 5% more to quantity per frag added to the map in the device.
Last edited by Gemdraco on Apr 28, 2014, 12:28:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Interesting idea, I totally agree with you. They need to add those new contant in end game maps because people nowadays play map more than open wild areas, and they will also give you surprise just like exile spawn in end game maps too.

There is a bunch people farming the corrupted area in the city of sarn, repeat again and again for midnight, because that corruted area in that zone spawn at same location. I agree this is the fast and efficient way to farming midnight, and I was one of them too, but after few hours of farming, I feel so boring of this game, but if this can be found in end game maps, or we can roll a mod on maps, that would much better.
World 1st Lv100 scion.^.^IGN: MrsBBQ
Diablo 3 ROS US Tag: MrsBBQ#1332 play with me if you want ^.^ Paragon-level 806 atm
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/486320
"
ywsandcj wrote:
I feel so boring of this game, but if this can be found in end game maps, or we can roll a mod on maps, that would much better.

I suggested this the moment it was known corrupted areas wont spawn in maps.

Sadly GGG is throwing in more design that breaks natural character progression and is instead meant to feed the trading pyramid.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
ywsandcj wrote:
I feel so boring of this game, but if this can be found in end game maps, or we can roll a mod on maps, that would much better.

I suggested this the moment it was known corrupted areas wont spawn in maps.

Sadly GGG is throwing in more design that breaks natural character progression and is instead meant to feed the trading pyramid.

But GGG has a reputation for implementing any truly sound suggestions from the community. We need more end-game players behind this alteration. Ask and ye shall receive.
"
Gemdraco wrote:
But GGG has a reputation for implementing any truly sound suggestions from the community. We need more end-game players behind this alteration. Ask and ye shall receive.

My suggestion was to make corrupted maps (ones you used a vaal orb on) have a fair chance to drop Atziri fragments. I would put this chance on the boss, just to make it a better risk/reward.

This wouldn't brake the natural progression of a character (mappers wouldn't need to go back farming faceroll quest content) and would create an additional sink for vaal orbs.

It would also nicely fit lore - corruption spreading across the whole realm, or whatever maps are geographically supposed to be. (at any rate lore is irrelevant when smooth gameplay is at stake)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Gemdraco wrote:

My suggestion was to make corrupted maps (ones you used a vaal orb on) have a fair chance to drop Atziri fragments. I would put this chance on the boss, just to make it a better risk/reward.

This wouldn't brake the natural progression of a character (mappers wouldn't need to go back farming faceroll quest content) and would create an additional sink for vaal orbs.

It would also nicely fit lore - corruption spreading across the whole realm, or whatever maps are geographically supposed to be. (at any rate lore is irrelevant when smooth gameplay is at stake)

I like that. However, the corrupted maps would at the very least always have to spawn a corrupted area.
Last edited by Gemdraco on Mar 19, 2014, 5:55:27 AM
"
Gemdraco wrote:

I like that. However, the corrupted maps would at the very least always have to spawn a corrupted area.

Maybe that would be technically problematic to implement. It would certainly take more time and work. Consider also mod stacking - corrupted area mods would be multiplied my map mods? Insane and definitely unbalanced :)

Another solution could be to spawn a corrupted area boss inside a corrupted map or even in place of the map boss. That boss would then have a chance to drop a fragment.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 19, 2014, 6:05:03 AM
I'm of the opinion too that map bosses should have a chance to drop fragments.

i've seen some argue this doesn't fit the lore because only wraeclast is corrupted blah blah.

well for one, the only way to get too atziri is to put fragments into the MAP DEVICE, go to a map and fight her, to get a chance to drop these other fragments that only come from the atziri MAP!

so the only way to get alluring abyss fragments is by doing a map so regular fragments should be obtainable by regular maps.
S L O W E R
"
morbo wrote:
"
Gemdraco wrote:

Maybe that would be technically problematic to implement. It would certainly take more time and work. Consider also mod stacking - corrupted area mods would be multiplied my map mods? Insane and definitely unbalanced :)

Another solution could be to spawn a corrupted area boss inside a corrupted map or even in place of the map boss. That boss would then have a chance to drop a fragment.

I see what you're saying. Stacking the mods of a corrupted area within a map zone poses issues. A Vaal Orb should alter the entire map so as to create one big corrupted area with whatever mods get rolled from the Vaal Orb.
"
ampdecay wrote:
I'm of the opinion too that map bosses should have a chance to drop fragments.

i've seen some argue this doesn't fit the lore because only wraeclast is corrupted blah blah.

well for one, the only way to get too atziri is to put fragments into the MAP DEVICE, go to a map and fight her, to get a chance to drop these other fragments that only come from the atziri MAP!

so the only way to get alluring abyss fragments is by doing a map so regular fragments should be obtainable by regular maps.

Malachai's Eternal Laboratory (map device) is a means to explore areas that are an extension of Wraeclast (whether it is a form of interdimensional travel or simply portals to areas on the continent of Wraeclast that would otherwise be inaccessible). We should be able to access corrupted areas via the map device.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info