Please remove the new elemental hit effects (cold damage on hit)

Whenever I hit an enemy a blinding light trying to resemble Cold damage appear. I hit enemies 14 times per second. 14 blinding lights appear on each enemy. The blinding light is bigger than the enemy itself. When I fight big enemies or multiple enemies my screen is covered with blinding light.

Please remove this. I'm thinking about rerolling simply because of this graphical effect.

It drastically affects FPS too.
Last edited by Exalton on Mar 17, 2014, 6:37:56 AM
"
Nastakanoth wrote:
Whenever I hit an enemy a blinding light trying to resemble Cold damage appear. I hit enemies 14 times per second. 14 blinding lights appear on each enemy. The blinding light is bigger than the enemy itself. When I fight big enemies or multiple enemies my screen is covered with blinding light.

Please remove this. I'm thinking about rerolling simply because of this graphical effect.

It drastically affects FPS too.

It doesn't drastically affect fps. This effect has 30 particles The one one had around 190+

The effect is currently too big however.Its because it doesnt have size variation like the other elemental effects. For example with fire damage if you deal 10% damage per shot it does a small explosion. If you do 80% of their hp in one shot it does a large one.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Russel, when will it be fixed?

What about other HUGE and/or FLASHY effects (check my thread, it also covers Cold on-hit effect)?

Or answering my PM maybe?

Or I need to buy some big money pack to gain your attention?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 17, 2014, 3:38:59 PM
"
Russell wrote:

It doesn't drastically affect fps. This effect has 30 particles The one one had around 190+

The effect is currently too big however.Its because it doesnt have size variation like the other elemental effects. For example with fire damage if you deal 10% damage per shot it does a small explosion. If you do 80% of their hp in one shot it does a large one.

I think I can tell wether or not it affects my FPS. Either way it affects the game and makes it unplayable in some areas, against some enemies. I don't understand why it was implemented in its current state. Try hitting a couple of big skeletons with multistrike. I can't look at the screen while I do this without getting a headache.

I hope you remove this ASAP.
Last edited by Exalton on Mar 17, 2014, 6:36:15 PM
I do like the effects though and don't want them to be removed.
My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
Last edited by Diablo1reborn on Mar 18, 2014, 2:49:00 PM
I like the effect quite a bit, but it is quite a bit too large. and flashy :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
I just rolled melee in invasion and this hatred effect is really ruining the experience for me. Please let me turn them off!!

It feels like my eyes are being shocked with a half a second long blink every second. It's really disgusting! Why was this even added? At least make it optional....
/bump

I agree that there should be an option somewhere to tone down some of these effects, allowing us to turn them off completely if desired. When I GMP+Chain a large crowd, it's a rave.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Perhaps implement a tiered effect system where a different effect is used when the player has exceeded a certain Attack/Cast Speed threshold? That way you can use an effect that is less likely to cause issues for high attack speed players while keeping awesome looking effects for low attack speed players.

Of course this would greatly increase the amount of work you need to do for each skill (You could start implementing it for the skills most commonly combined with Multi-Strike.)

I am of course assuming the speed of the effects is still tied to Attack Speed.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Mar 25, 2014, 4:50:59 AM
Can we get this fixed already? There's been several patches since this has been reported and nothing has been done. I'm tired of my melee splash character causing my entire room light up like a lighthouse several times a second because of this obnoxious new hatred effect.

Please someone save my eyes! Also if I haven't been prone to epileptic shocks in the past I'm sure I will be after a few more weeks of this effect ravaging my visual cortex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info