San Francisco Fan Meetup and Atziri Kill Progress Update

I love that there's no hardcore Atziri kills yet. It SHOULD be difficult like that. Many pixels ripping into standard. Mwahahahaa!

Glad the meetup was a success :)
"
Talismannn wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
All those guys and one asian chick...dangerous.

snip

It wasn't even a sexist remark lel he was just pointing out the obvious sausage fest going on. You SJWs need to get off your high horses and shut up
2spooky4me
Chris chaosed our keys....
IGN = IPantsU // o_OTEBO_o // DahPantsU
"
Jennfire wrote:
"
Korguan wrote:
How about an Europen Fan Meetup?

+1 would love this! (pssst Sweden would be best for this because of reasons)

I'd show up.
good stuff
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I killed her an hour ago, i hope im top 50.
IGN= Mastaablasta
[/quote]
"
Boem wrote:
Will GGG say anything about the countless wasted hours trying to go for the first 50 atziri kills on ambush by people who were playing stun/ignite/freeze builds prior to atziri character information becoming public?

I guess if you weren't having any fun, you might consider the time "wasted".

Secondly, there is nothing stopping you or anyone else from utilizing this knowledge to go for one of the first 50 to kill Atziri in Invasion.

"
Boem wrote:

Basically this challenge was the epitome of your game : RNG.

The R in RNG stands for Random. There was nothing Random about Atziri's defenses. If she was randomly immune to various status ailments it would be different. This was/is a planned, non random encounter in every sense of the word.

"
Boem wrote:

Don't utilize stun : Check

Don't utilize freeze : check

Don't utilize burn : check

you can now call your build a viable atziri killer.

How anyone could have been following the game and not foreseen these is beyond me.

Stun - How long ago was Kripp utilizing a perma-stun build? Allowing stun would have made the encounter pure cheese.

Freeze - How often was freezing - especially due to proliferation - abused last league? Allowing freeze would have made Atziri so cheesy that they would have had to call it "Fondue of the Vaal".

Burn - There were a few builds where burn damage was excessive for a DOT. With the planned buff for Flameblast, allowing Atziri to be subject to burning would have made the encounter a kite festival. Cheese factor - Grilled Cheese.

"
Boem wrote:

My problem is not even with the fact she is imune to all these status ailments, but with the fact this was kept a secret before the challenge started.

While some would say that it made sense to keep it a secret so the challenge would still be there, the point remains that fighting Atziri in Ambush wasn't a secret at all. It was in all the fishing magazines. Please note that the one below specifically covers Ambush

Those of you who don't fish in PoE simply missed the boat here.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
For any of you who haven't seen, Rory posted the summons stats today, something I asked for at the meetup.

It's amazing how quickly you guys got this done, thank you all for sharing this valuable info.
I wish I knew there was a meetup in SF; I live there!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info