Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

Only way how you can fix it: Vaal that shit.
▄█▀█▀█
People say it's garbage because the majority of people are mindless idiots who aren't capable of thinking on their own. They don't back anything without a streamer supporting it first. :|
"
People say it's garbage because the majority of people are mindless idiots who aren't capable of thinking on their own. They don't back anything without a streamer supporting it first. :|

Or maybe players are calling it garbage for a reason and youre just being hipster
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The best bow in the game!!!
Spoiler
The one you have FUN with! Ignore anyone who calls you an idiot.
Do what you want, the hell with what everyone else says. You aren't playing this game for the approval of a bunch of jackasses.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
3 pages and no one's said it.

Monsters have resistance. In the comparison in the OP, the physical bow does almost as much damage to Piety. Unless you have Lightning Penetration linked to your attack in this particular set-up designed to disfavor physical.

You have to be familiar with all the little lies the tooltips tell you.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Apr 5, 2014, 8:40:16 PM
Rock on, brother!

Next up is 6-link Darkscorn.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Apr 6, 2014, 5:33:09 AM
"
3 pages and no one's said it.

Monsters have resistance. In the comparison in the OP, the physical bow does almost as much damage to Piety. Unless you have Lightning Penetration linked to your attack in this particular set-up designed to disfavor physical.

You have to be familiar with all the little lies the tooltips tell you.

which lets you get a nice MORE dmg by lowering the resistances sub zero...i dont think you can do that with phys dmg...
How much dmg comes from auras? 90%? You can take any fast bow and achieve the same results. What is lost due to lower speed is gained trough phys dmg that you can easily scale via hatred or bow phys passives

bow that deal only miniscule lightning damage will never be comparable to bow that does 250phys dmg AND miniscule lightning damage (you can roll more lightning dmg easily)

turn off auras and Stormcloud 'build' does close to zero damage, while phys bow still does significant damage + can leech etc

nice round fire/lightning dmg numbers are from Wrath/Anger that ANY bow can use. the only selling point from Stormcloud is the attack speed

please, do not compare it to Chin Sol that is EXTREMELY powerful end-game bow - mine/puncture/point blank or mine/point blank/explosive arrow deal immense dmg

with Darkscorn im not so sure, it has nice unique modifiers but the base damage is simply too low

but - if you are having fun with that - thats the most important part (thats why i never snapshot, because it spoils my fun - and my effectiveness tanks seriously because of that..)
"
bo7like wrote:
"

Or maybe players are calling it garbage for a reason and youre just being hipster

Uhhh, nope, I'm still right on this one. It's a game. Stop crunching numbers nerd and learn to enjoy yourself. You're running around killing monsters, who cares if the item doesn't MAXIMIZE YOUR EFFECTIVE DPS RATIO HEEEE HHHEEEEE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info