Why Do People say Storm Cloud Long Bow is garbage?

I had like 100 people tell me i was stupid for 6 Linking my Storm Cloud Long Bow. They all say the bow is garbage. But it gives me over 500DPS more then the best Physical Damage Bow I have and costs way cheaper then almost any other Good 5L Bow.
Here are two screenshots of my Rain Of Arrows DPS sheet. 1st 1 is with the best physical damage bow 2nd is with Storm Cloud Long Bow. Rain of Arrows is in linked in the chestpiece, so it doesn't matter that the other bow isnt 6 linked.

If you wanted fast attack speed you should have 6 linked a quillrain. Anyway everyone who said you wasted currency 6 linking that bow are correct.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Im assuming the rest of your gear and passives have a lot to do with it. You mostly have to go either elemental or physical. With storm cloud most phys bow nodes are useless, and your rings quiver etc probably have quite a biy of %ele damage increase.
Once you're able to equip a Thicket bow, Storm Cloud becomes garbage.

If what you are after is attack speed and elemental damage, Thicket Bows or Imperial Bows with flat elemental damage are the way to go.

Another viable option is Lioneye Bow with Blackgleam Quiver and/or Hrimsorrow gloves.

I just hope that you didn't spend more than 50 fusing on that 6L.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Mar 16, 2014, 11:14:43 PM
Oh god, 6-linking that is such a waste of currency. Thicket bow can get 1.75 aps, a better lightning roll, plus potential for other ele rolls.

Example:

I bought that back in Domination for only one exalt, are you still glad you 6-linked your Storm Cloud? :(
Last edited by Weslie on Mar 16, 2014, 11:20:51 PM
"
nekroSTD wrote:
1st 1 is with the best physical damage bow[..]

A level 38 Bow isn't exactly 'the best Physical Damage bow'.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
nekroSTD wrote:
1st 1 is with the best physical damage bow[..]

A level 38 Bow isn't exactly 'the best Physical Damage bow'.

"
nekroSTD wrote:
the best Physical Damage Bow I have

OP might be the only guy having a 6L Storm Cloud. At least that's something :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
pretty insane waste of currency.

its not even good for twinking because a level 35 grove bow will outdps it and by 35 you wont even be able to support 6 links.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Weslie wrote:
"
nekroSTD wrote:
the best Physical Damage Bow I have

When talking about crafted six-links, that's hardly relevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info