Noob Question

Hey, so in my previous posts (2 maybe 3??) I mentioned me being the noobiest of the noobs to this forum. I was curious in how the Random beta timer works. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, this forum seems to be pretty helpful.
"
Vigilance2v5x wrote:
Hey, so in my previous posts (2 maybe 3??) I mentioned me being the noobiest of the noobs to this forum. I was curious in how the Random beta timer works. Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, this forum seems to be pretty helpful.

Just like you think, its completely random...it just pulls a name out of a hat and you hope its yours!

GL =)
The guy above me has it right.

Blind luck (with forum users having 10x the chance).

Edited to remove sarcasm.
Last edited by Delapore on Sep 20, 2011, 12:36:27 AM
It randomly selects an account that has been registered on this site (ie a forum account). Those lucky selectees have their account upgraded to a Beta account (they do not recieve a key).

The interval of time between between account selection can and does change. This is so that the number of new beta testers can be tweaked to match the current requirements for development of the game.
Last edited by Aki on Sep 20, 2011, 12:37:09 AM
"
Aki wrote:
It randomly selects an account that has been registered on this site (ie a forum account). Those lucky selectees have their account upgraded to a Beta account (they do not recieve a key).

The interval of time between between account selection can and does change. This is so that the number of new beta testers can be tweaked to match the current requirements for development of the game.

Okay so there is no set time on the time between accounts seleced. Got it. How come the beta accounts do not recieve a key? What is the benefit of being a beta member? Not being a troll, just genuinely curious.
The replies pretty much have it down, but I'll tell you specifically what it is.

Grinding Gear Games purchased an articulated robot from some of the students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

It was subsequently shipped over and set up in a booth. Once ever 24 or so minutes, the arm reaches into a large steel hat (pictures are around here somewhere) and pulls out a name. It then places the name onto a scanner bed nearby which then gets scanned into a program.

The program, aptly named Oliver's Textual Recognition Software, or OTRS (commonly pronounced Otters), then reads the scan and separates each letter into actual text.

At this point the program then removes the name from the database of accounts, and activates a "whirl switch" (forgot what they were called) which spins and shakes the hat.

The hat continues to shake for the remaining 20 or so minutes, and then the process starts all over again.

I am under the impression that the first wave of donations and micro-transactions will be put towards paying off the price of the arm and software.

*What you can take from this post:
-25 minutes and about 30 seconds between each choice.
-Once chosen the account is removed from the hypothetical hat.
I try to be as respectful as I can to you, whether I agree with your opinions or not. I only ask that you grant me the same courtesy.
Last edited by Taric on Sep 20, 2011, 12:49:53 AM
Once you're in the beta you can access the game. Bear in mind it's a beta test (emphasis on the test), so the game in unfinished, and subject to numerous changes.

Other benefits include access to the Beta Testing forums to discuss current gameplay issues. And of course, you may be blessed with a coveted 'friend invite' so that you can get a buddy (or one of the thousands desperately clamouring in the forums) to test the multiplayer aspects of the game.

"
Vigilance2v5x wrote:

Okay so there is no set time on the time between accounts seleced. Got it. How come the beta accounts do not recieve a key? What is the benefit of being a beta member? Not being a troll, just genuinely curious.

Beta members can download and play the game. A key can be used to upgrade to a beta member or the timer can upgrade you.
That is absolutely amazing that you spent the time to make all of that up! I am impressed by your creativity, If I get a key and an invite you are def getting an invite from me LOL, Thanks

To taric.
Last edited by Vigilance2v5x on Sep 20, 2011, 12:52:29 AM
"
Taric wrote:
The replies pretty much have it down, but I'll tell you specifically what it is.

Grinding Gear Games purchased an articulated robot from some of the students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

It was subsequently shipped over and set up in a booth. Once ever 24 or so minutes, the arm reaches into a large steel hat (pictures are around here somewhere) and pulls out a name. It then places the name onto a scanner bed nearby which then gets scanned into a program.

The program, aptly named Oliver's Textual Recognition Software, or OTRS (commonly pronounced Otters), then reads the scan and separates each letter into actual text.

At this point the program then removes the name from the database of accounts, and activates a "whirl switch" (forgot what they were called) which spins and shakes the hat.

The hat continues to shake for the remaining 20 or so minutes, and then the process starts all over again.

I am under the impression that the first wave of donations and micro-transactions will be put towards paying off the price of the arm and software.

*What you can take from this post:
-25 minutes and about 30 seconds between each choice.
-Once chosen the account is removed from the hypothetical hat.

That made me chuckle. +1, Gem knight, +1...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info