Effects that hurt gameplay (aka OUTRAGEOUSLY HUGE and FLASHY effects)

Since GGG is well known for its work with community and since I failed to get responce for what I think is very serious issue, I'll make a new thread to discuss:
OUTRAGEOUSLY HUGE and FLASHY effects.

They hide blood (can't see if I hit or miss), stun animation, and death animation (because you are hitting next monster right after first one is done, so you see only first few frames of first monster's death animation).

Swing effect, special sound, blood, (possible) stun animation, knockback - there are already more than enough things to feel the skill.

Please remove the gameplay-affecting eye-hurting bubble.

Heavy Strike (I specially choose low profile monsters since they are fully covered):
Spoiler

Wand attack hits (Frenzy + GMP + Chain, but effect is not related to skill you use, checked that with wand default attack):
Spoiler

Cold Damage hits (white claw, default attack)
Spoiler

Dominating Blow hits
Spoiler

Viper Strike hits
Spoiler

If that is not bug, please consider real gameplay situations (5-10 attacks/spells per second, each hitting multiple mobs) when designing effects.
The ones shown on screenshots decrease performance, decrease visibility and as result, put stress on eyes and greatly decrease the fun one can get from the game.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Mar 17, 2014, 1:49:06 PM
The Cold damage effect is new and it's so damn disturbing. It's like flashing lights all over the damn screen if you use multistrike. Never seen anything worse!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info