Quartz Flasks.

How many of you actually use one of these?

I've been running with one, got lucky and alt'd one with surgeons and adrenaline, thinking it'd be useful for getting desync'd less. Which it is to a degree. I don't really need it to move around enemies because I already have a reduced duration faster casting lightning warp, so desync is the only reason I'm using it.

But against fracturing enemies or strongbox packs, I usually have to pop one before the enemies have appeared, cause the game will hang while spawning and often even if I've popped the flask, I'll already be desyncing and the flask effect won't register in time to not get desync'd.

At 40/60 charges for a 5-6 second effect, free movement isn't all that great. I can't imagine using one without adrenaline and charge recovery/surgeons already on it. Quite often I'll be stunned and desync'd even with the flask in effect, so free movement means little in that regard.

Even ignoring desync, the mechanic of free movement when you can still be stunned feels weak, especially for the number of charges necessary. Would it be overpowered if the flask effect also made it so that you cannot be stunned for the duration? Because I think with that added there'd be a real reason to use this other than the chance to avoid desync.

Any one else underwhelmed by Quartz flasks?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 16, 2014, 1:24:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
my guess is that this flask was ggg' test of possible 'no-clip' changes

common knowledge is that if you want desync - take several mobs and one narrow doorway.

from the gameplay point of view this flask is useless..
It's pretty good for grabbing shrines overpacked with monsters, in particular divine shrines which there are so many of.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
It was never going to really be that great of a flask. If I want out of a pack I'm likely going to either leap slam or setup a lightning warp point prior to touching that chest (so it activates and warps me out right after I touch it).

And ya, lightning warp is my favored method for this purpose. Cast it as far from the chest as you can, touch chest and have it toss you to safety.
perhaps ggg one day will combine Quicksilver and Quartz flask, so we got both effects on one go, that flask of mobility would actually make sense
Quartz Flasks w/ +Movement Speed are actually an exceptionally good alternative to Quicksilver Flasks, especially a Surgeron's version. It's essentially "enemies do not cause desync" for the duration, while retaining a strong movement speed.

It's certainly superior in my opinion in combat situations, though inferior for fetting form point A to point B
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Um ever since they were introduced this is a mandatory flask
I noticed a significant reduction in desyncs.

I also use them for things like dispels bleeding ;)

And its fun to just run through monsters

S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Aug 27, 2014, 3:23:59 PM
Good for Haku runs.

As everyone else mentioned, being able to breeze through mobs will resolve your desync issues most of the time. It's main reason why shit like Cyclone builds are desync masters.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Good for Haku runs.

As everyone else mentioned, being able to breeze through mobs will resolve your desync issues most of the time. It's main reason why shit like Cyclone builds are desync masters.
That and cannot be stunned for the duration.

Noclip+stun immunity = No desync ever

Note that Flicker is actually a pretty good anti-desync skill (you essentially cannot desync while using it). It's just got no control at all.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I have a surgeon's quartz of adrenaline on my phys-crit tornado shot build. I use it all the time, enough that it's usually out of charges even though I run a surgeon's quicksilver as well. This flask is great for opening strongboxes, haku missions, as a "RUN LIKE A FRENCHMAN!" flask for when you notice you've backed yourself into a corner kiting/dodging devourers, and quite a few other less common/easily described situations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info