Vaal Oversoul Sound/Music

I have to say, I think that the team at GGG really outdid themselves on this boss. Everything about it screams awesome, evil and twisted. This is by far my favorite boss in the game and really it's because of the audio effects with it. I don't know how you made that scream that it makes everytime it teleports around and when you first release it but I love it. The concept of a creature simultaneously being powerful, immortal and in excruciating, maddening pain is something that I've always found interesting.

The only thing I wish--and this is unrelated to audio--is that this boss had more background. Merveil has a fleshed out story, so does Dominus and Piety. This was talked about as the thing that had to be driven back by the ebony legion and sealed away, but was this also the experiment that brought about the end of the Vaal civilization? What was the point of creating this creature? If it was the thing that helped end the Vaal, I think it should be more powerful than it is.

That aside, if I had a giant, evil monstrosity I'd want it to sound just like the Oversoul, the audio couldn't be better.
Thanks for the feedback, glad you like the sound design!
The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info