[1.2 Beta] Plague and Chaos Trapper

Massive Edit: It been a long time since I updated this thread yet I still actively use poison arrow trap for end game because of its great success compare to my other failed builds. I discover some tricks that help me live longer without the need for massive utility making end game easier for me. One of them is cheesing which is to damage the enemy without them attacking you so it become hilarious to watch them die a slow death. I also overcome the damn totem problem by using Desecrate + Detonate Dead combo which also serve as an extra sustainable damage. However patch 1.2 will be here in 5 days at the time of writing so there will be some heavy theorycrafting to recreate my current passive tree to 1.2.

Passive Tree 1.2

Current Passive Tree

I stored and clean the build information as to not confuse people. It will be updated after a while in the new patch.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Aug 19, 2014, 9:43:48 PM
How far have you taken this build yourself? Id be curious how it performs on maps 72+ Also any vids of the play-style would be nice, the weapon swaps you mentioned seamed confusing.
"

Hope you guys like this build! Please ask any question you have as I will be checking often and preform a few updates. Also I would like to thanks Supernico00 Poison Arrow build which inspired me of creating this awesome build.

Guess not that often lol, anyone else running this build post 60 with success?
Last edited by shahmat1972 on Mar 16, 2014, 2:59:10 PM
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
How far have you taken this build yourself? Id be curious how it performs on maps 72+ Also any vids of the play-style would be nice, the weapon swaps you mentioned seamed confusing.

Thanks for the feedback I'll rewrite the game play section to make it simple. Sorry I made it unnecessary complicated.

Edit: My trapper is level 68 right now and I'll be posting my gear after I manage to correctly color my bow socket. >.>
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Mar 17, 2014, 12:34:38 AM
I got some feedback on friends and with that, I now find it best to revamp the whole build.
Issues:

Too much delay in set up. This become a bigger problem when facing fast moving enemies as they keep steam rolling me. I'll make skeleton totem a weapon swap for boss and use Arctic Armor for tankiness and trail slow.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Apr 16, 2014, 2:42:28 AM
Updated*
I am awoo.
I plan to test more gem in the 2nd weapon slot for science and also more choice.
I am awoo.
"
I plan to test more gem in the 2nd weapon slot for science and also more choice.

While I am no pussy.. Yes! And don't play standard, I do have a character over there from when I died on invasion a couple of days ago. Could you perhaps upload a video asap or maybe show your build off in a map party with me? I'll even give you my items after.
Ingame Name: Cooderix
"
Znoodie wrote:
"

While I am no pussy.. Yes! And don't play standard, I do have a character over there from when I died on invasion a couple of days ago. Could you perhaps upload a video asap or maybe show your build off in a map party with me? I'll even give you my items after.

I'm normally like to be in party in docks with this build. Bring a lot of freeze rate to protect the squishes. :3

I'll upload some dock videos.
I am awoo.
Added a second option for weapon swap link. Searing Bond Trap. The most effective anti totem setup in fewest link. Bear Trap is still effective as an anti totem but it has the benefit of using the rarity + culling strike link.

unset ring, drillneck, and Rearguard is an interesting item that could work well with this build. Sadly they are not available in standard yet.
I am awoo.
Last edited by Pandaxtor on Apr 20, 2014, 5:08:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info